Critical Study Of Gwen Harwood's Texts (1 Viewer)

pookodooko

HSC
Ok guys, so we recieved a bit of homework to try and help us sort out the whole Gwen Harwood's poetry thing. I think it's a past HSC question.

a) Your class has been exploring the question, "What will continue to make Harwood's poetry worthy of critical study?"

Your personal response has been challenged by another student. Defend your response through a critical evaluation of Harwood's poetry, analysing the construction, content and language of the text.

My idea was basically that my argument was going to revolve around the specific themes and events that occur in the poem, such as themes of: innocence, love, art and how these themes are almost universal, allowing each reader to have a personal response because of their own upbringing?

Anyway guys, what do you think because I'd like to know your opinions, especially so I can see if im on the right track. Thanks :)

chrismund

HSC
pookodooko said:
Ok guys, so we recieved a bit of homework to try and help us sort out the whole Gwen Harwood's poetry thing. I think it's a past HSC question.

a) Your class has been exploring the question, "What will continue to make Harwood's poetry worthy of critical study?"

maybe explaining how in the future harwood's poetry is worth studying as it exemplifies the influence of context on texts and the how a text can be interpreted in many different ways [marxist, feminist, post mod etc] could help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)