Critical study - personal pronouns??? (1 Viewer)

welshi

Clearly unemployed again.
HSC
lucyinthehole said:
what i find annoying is that the questions are all suited to the new course, etc, but what we learnt in class was still the old "variant readings of this text" thing.
yeah a lot of ppl were talking about marxist and leavisite readings, of king lear especially...given the immediacy and historical nature of the speech text, we found it easy to concentrate on texts and contexts.
wills - if u dealt with diff contexts you should be ok. sounds like what ppl who didn't use personal pronouns did. *pats wills soothingly on back* my theory is DW bout fucking up in exams cos there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING YOU CAN DO NOW. so forget about it.

S

Shuter

Yes, I hate how many of the questions lead towards "what have you learned from studying this?" Which most times I just want to write: "NOTHING THIS JUST WASTED 200 HOURS OF MY TIME OVER YOUR STUPID LAMO COURSE, I DON'T CARE ABOUT ANY STUPID JOURNEYS OR HOW CONTEXT SHAPES MEANING IT'S ALL BS!!!!!!"

But of course that wouldn't fly over to well.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
It's a reflection you can use personal pronouns indeed it is alot harder to do so without them.

I did about how the breakdown of families around me and the breakdown of my own family has lead me to a family values intepretation and the consequences of the breakdown of the family unit.

w i l l s

lol ... thx for the much needed sympathy welshi :)
some restored confidence to battle it out 2mollow -_-

" ABSOLUTELY NOTHING YOU CAN DO NOW"? ... hmmm... .....*ponder the slow death of all hsc markers ....
... or enlisting the help of terrorist....*

what? .... bush did it!

=p... ttylz

welshi

Clearly unemployed again.
HSC
w i l l s said:
lol ... thx for the much needed sympathy welshi :)
some restored confidence to battle it out 2mollow -_-

" ABSOLUTELY NOTHING YOU CAN DO NOW"? ... hmmm... .....*ponder the slow death of all hsc markers ....
... or enlisting the help of terrorist....*

what? .... bush did it!

=p... ttylz
hahaha yeah blame the shrub.

"somewhere in texas there's a village missing an idiot..."

pussy_cat

Hyper
HSC
If they didn't want u to write I in the essay, then why do they put the words YOUR and YOU and stuff, eg How does YOUR context reflect..... If you dont use personal pronouns then you arent really answering their question, ur making a generalisation.

My thoughts anyways....

omg_a

HSC
i used a couple of personal pronouns, then thought it sounded crap so i used mainly 'we' or 'a contemporary responder'. it was still more personal than my usual essay....stupid dull question, *sigh* speeches can be so much more than that!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)