Cross Religion Essay (1 Viewer)

Should I memorise an essay

• Total voters

Dayze

HSC
Hey,

Can I get a consesus on who's planning on memorising their essay for HSC for their Cross Religion Study Essay?, The topic seems to be really low on content and the questions hasn't varied much at all, since 2001, Im not sure whether I should, hedge my bet that It wouldnt change much for 2005.

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
Dayze said:
Hey,

Can I get a consesus on who's planning on memorising their essay for HSC for their Cross Religion Study Essay?, The topic seems to be really low on content and the questions hasn't varied much at all, since 2001, Im not sure whether I should, hedge my bet that It wouldnt change much for 2005.
depends on the topic/area you are talking about
eg, they can specify any topic area in rites (public, private or passage) and they have in the past two (?) years but women seems kinda static

I wouldnt though as the markers report points out every year that its obvious that students have memorised essays and that they dont have the ability to change what they have memorised to fit what the question is really asking them (or that they have memorised teh wrong thing and they are stuck as they havent spent time learning the content as they have just memorised an essay which is probably not the best anyway!).

Youre right about the questions not really changing as such (but they do if you look at them and what they are asking-espcially re glossarya nd syllabus) plus they have only been asking the full 20 mark question for one year now (as opposed to a three parter) so I wouldnt be putting my trust in past questions as a "be all and end pattern" at all IMO

The Cross Religion studies are easy to prep for as they can only ask from two areas of the syllabus (for ethics, rites and writings that is-the most common topics). You just have to know that syllabus!

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
I sort of wrote a template for mine, i didnt memorise any area in particular as an actual essay, but i did memorise the form that my essay would take and where all the generic information that would be part of any question they asked would be written.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)