CSSA 2005 Essays (1 Viewer)

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
For those that did the CSSA Economics 2005 Trial and got 17-18+/20 for any of the essays (any question) would you mind posting them up, because i'm going to prepare essays for those four questions.

Just scan them up or type them for extra practice; will be greatly appreciated, thankyou.

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
25. Analyse the role and rationale of macroeconomic policies in achieving the objectives of economic management in Australia.

26. Analyse the role of microeconomic policies in improving efficiency and productivity of markets in Australia.

27. Discuss the strategies used by either the Australian economy, or an economy other than Australia, to promote economic growth and development.

28. Discuss the role and influence of international organisations, contemporary trading blocs and trading agreements in the global economy for Australia.

Haku

sunjet what did u get?

i got so crap, 16 for the macro one

HayleeKate

HSC
I got 19 1/2 for q27 which I would happily offer you, except that its my case study, so unless you're doing Japan, the strategies and hence pretty much the whole essay will be useless to you.
My second essay from the trial [19/20] is from the Independent Trial, if someones looking for those, its the unemployment stimulus one. Interested anyone?

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
i"m just curious as to the different standards of marking at each school, particularly given what pungpui said in the other thread i.e. consistently getting 15/20 for essays at school, but then achieving 96 in the HSC exam. Marking for economics seems very fickle, so I just want to see what other teachers view as being worth 15-20/20.

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
our teacher gives us marking outline so we can see where we lose marks, he's a strict marker, but very accurate and takes his time, we get like a page of comments back when he marks them.. which takes a while. They mark easier in the HSC remember

mattchan

HSC
sunjet said:
27. Discuss the strategies used by either the Australian economy, or an economy other than Australia, to promote economic growth and development.
Btw, with this question, what kind of strategies are they talking about? Can someone give me an example with Australia?

Btw Sunjet, whats ya first choice for Uni preferences?

Last edited:

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
the two main strategies that come to mind are macro and micro economic policy. (i myself would slant my reposnse to the microeconomic side of things; and perhaps bugetary spending etc)

Last edited:

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
@HayleeKate: That would be awesome
@Mattchan: Commerce @ UNSW (Unlikely), Commerce @ USyd then Economics @ UNSW/USyd.

volition

arr.
HSC
Yeah I'd just like to register my interest in seeing some 'good' essays, seeing as I'm gunning for mid 90's as an exam mark

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
volition said:
Yeah I'd just like to register my interest in seeing some 'good' essays, seeing as I'm gunning for mid 90's as an exam mark
Mid-90s as a raw or aligned exam mark?

Haku

Rench mind posting up the essays ur wrote up here?

or anyone else and you too sunjet please post up ur good essays.

oh and on another note i got 11 for essay i did for question 27

Haku

HayleeKate could you please post up ur essays cause i only got 11/20 for Q27..

and Rench i remember u getiing like 97%, could you please post up ur two essays ur wrote.

volition

arr.
HSC
aligned :) I got 93/100 in the CSSA trial, but I don't know whether our school marks easy or not, I topped the trial, but my school is ranked pretty shit (290 last year I think, but last years year 12 were really 'dumb' )

The marks fell this way: 93, 90, 87, then a couple of 80's and then everyone else was crap in my cohort. I think our school will manage about 3 band 6's this year for eco

HayleeKate

HSC
Although I offered my essays up, i'm not going to post them on here, (largely because theyre illegible and I would have to type them, and after typing another essay from my trial and judging by the pages, theyre at least 1300 words each, ouch) But I'll post an outline of what I wrote, thats probably better anyway.

Discuss the consequences of a declining unemployment rate on the economic performance of the australian economy.
*ABS classifications of unemployed person & labour force. Then calculating unemployment rate. Employment goals of the government.
*Natural rate of unemployment. (link to stimulus, Ross Gittins NAIRU quote) Movements in NAIRU, differences between economies.
*link between the 3 sources, unemployment rates and labour utilisation.
*define labour utilisation, affect on industries & economic output
*relationship between unemployment & economic activity.
*characteristics of growth & unemployment throughout economy (consumer spending, investment, assert wealth, wages & social security)
*social security--> affect on government ---> fiscal ramifications of unemployment level --> infrastructure, tax etc
*distribution of income & wealth, affect of unemployed persons, affects of declining unemployment rates, Gini coefficient, lorenz curve
*conflict between economic objectives, inlfation & unemployment --> phillips curve (drew it) inverse relationship between inflation & unemployment.
*demand inflation, how declining unemployment creates demand inflation (^ consumption--> scarcity)
*discussion of inflation stimulus graph, & how this demonstrates the previous, fluctuations in the CPI & inflation rate corresponding to unemployment.
*under-employment, recent Austn trends towards this. 1/3 women under employed.
*difficulties measuring unemployment: under-employment, hidden unemployment.
*causes of hidden unemployment (3 paragraphs on this, waste of time)
*participation rate, implications of participation rate as opposed to unemployment rate.
*efficiency of the labour force.. affects of this on economy & distortion of unemployment rate --->
*cost inflation due to declining labour force efficiency ---> phillips curve
*conclusion: weigh up positive & negative consequences of unemployment.

My Japan essay is even longer, and because its specific to my case study, its really not worth my typing, just for your interest sake.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
As with HayleeKate, my extended responses were quite long and I'm no fast typer. I think my microeconomic reform essay was probably ~1500-1600 words (about 6.5 pages x 30 lines x 8 words/line + several diagrams).

Essentially, I just took each part of the stimulus given and extrapolated on those. All of the government's micro reforms were virtually listed in the table, so I probably spent around 400-500 words discussing each one. Included in each paragraph (each dedicated to one reform):
a) definition
b) when and why it was implemented
c) what effect it had on the economy in terms of growth, inflation etc.
d) relate the effect to improved efficiency and productivity

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
d_a_n_z said:
i did this same question - and lost marks for nottalking about the environment and income (my teacher is a syllabus nazi)....did i get raughted? Do i need to in the HSC?
just mention one line "the government achieves short term growth and ignores the environment due to political reasons" :s

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)