CSSA 2005 trial (1 Viewer)

jennylim

HSC
oh. my. god. ok, yeah, probably my fault for assuming that the questions would lie either in one of the following categories:

WWI --> total war and changing attitudes

Germany --> foreign policy/volksgemeinschaft.

hmm...didn't help that our teacher hadn't covered the intentionalist/structuralist debate in class and i'd just read a fleeting glimpse of it, either.

jennylim

HSC
omg i know. i was good at weimar, too! that is just sooo fricking annoying...i assumed my teacher would take out questions we hadn't covered...silly assumption to make. but i guess we were all screwed so the ranks might be the same, just 20 marks lower (generally).

!lukey!

HSC
yeah it was weird not seeing anything about germnay before the nazis took power but the question about assessing hitlers importance as leader in the nazis consolidating their power was really good i think. the other one about total war i had no idea about tho. WWI section was really good. gotta love the question about the tank lol

jennylim

HSC
this may be a dumb question, but what could you see in the background? i said barbed wire and dead trees...was there anything specific i missed?

!lukey!

HSC
yeah speer was a bit weird but i enjoyed writing it- i said that the success of nazism was linked to sucess in his career, he used opportunism and so did nazism and opposed the question saying that he didnt used hatred and anti-semitism like nazism did

hikari

HSC
ahh i didn't get to finish it cos i totally wasted time on the germany question ><; i wrote about how his architecture exemplified the nature of nazism (ie. importance of propaganda and fuhrer myth, use of slave labour) then i ... half finished a sentence, swore, and did my pacific conflict. -_-

!lukey!

HSC
haha... our trial was weighted different... WWI was 5%, Germany7.5% and Cold war was 15% so i spent most of my energy on cold war and germany and had 5 minutes left for WWI question integrating sources and own knowledge one

hikari

HSC
hahah 5 minutes?! that's cool though! hey, doesn't that mean your trials were worth 27.5%? what the hell haha

our ww1 was 5%, germany 15% and pacific conflict 10%. i'm such a dumbass when it comes to time management in modern history.... *bangs head against wall* oh well, 3 hrs of essay writing and i feel fine for once :cool:

nerd2die7

HSC
WWI was fricken retarded as hell. Wtf was with the wording of the second Speer question. It was like saying "Assess the quote in terms of the quote"

HSC
Our teacher told us beforehand it wasnt going to be on weimar? apparently they'd specifically said they won't do that anymore.. like the only thing you could be asked on it is in relation to how weimar increased hitlers ability to take power etc. i didnt realise other people didnt know that. I did the first germany question, but screwed it up, much like the rest of the paper. only two pages on germany and it was all crap... argh

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
I hate those questions in the WW1 section... it's like they should be piss-easy but then you look at the photo, and it's like "well it's a pretty shit photo... I can't really see anything other than a puddle and a tank... I guess there could be a tree in there..." Fucking hell, couldn't they get a better photo?

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
Yes, the picture was rather shit...I ended up saying two features were a "murky swamp" caused by heavy French rain and "ravaged trees and landscape" caused by artillery bombardments. Classmates put down "barbed wire", insisting that if you squinted you could see some in the background, but I'm not buying it.

chamelia

HSC
lol i def did not see any barbed wire..i think i wrote that there was churned up ground and potholes (but im sure potholes wasnt the word i was looking for)

jennylim

HSC
got it back today, and was rather surprised. everyone in my class did shit (top mark was low 80s) and i got 79, so that was ok. 26/30 for sources, 17/20 for my bullshit germany essay, 8/10 and 6/10 for leni (dumb dumb dumb mistake) and 22/30 for pacific - that was particularly surprising given the shittiness of my chronologically ordered essay.

i better hope like the dickens i improve by the hsc, though. who else has gotten results back?

roadcone

HSC
got mine back today.. i got 94, so no complaints from me.

source - 27/30
usa - 20/20
hoover - 17/20
ireland - 30/30

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
Got mine back - 96.

Very surprised with my result...

30/30 for WWI.
19/20 for Germany essay.
17/20 for Speer.
30/30 for Indochina essay.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)