CSSA Business Studies Trial 2007! (1 Viewer)

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
wat did yo guet for the steel company in vietnam one?

williamc

HSC
marella said:
my exam is on frieday...im really bad at business studies! any tips on what i should concentrate on studying would be great, our exam is a bought catholic so preferrably from anyone who has done the exam...tips please!
Obviously noone can give you can specfic tips but: (even though this thread is giving you the questiosn and answers)

Study the syallbus for each topic as this will help for Short answers and for sections 3 and 4.
Not really any topics in great detail or anything, study evenly.
Take your time with the multiple choice and make sure you go with your first instinct, unless you obviously mis-read the question. (slits wrists)
Try and spend an hour on both section 3 and 4. And plan your answers for section 3 and 4.

Last edited:

KonP

HSC
Ahmed A said:
i did question 27...
that was quite good coz i knew employment relations extensively yay 4 me lolz.
howd every1 find the last questions on the factors of globalisation in the short answer section??
they were soo simple.
By far my favourite part of the CSSA trial :D
arent the factors the influences???political etc??

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
We did an altered CSSA trial I think. It wasn't too bad but I found the multiple choice quite hard and had trouble fitting case studies into my extended response. I think the response itself was pretty solid though so hopefully it doesn't hurt too much. I actually almost forgot we had to put case studies in it :p

But yeah for the liquidity I got 200000/200000 or 1:1
For the pricing one I got price points
and for the talking to employees and providing direction I put Vision

I'm 100% sure for all but the last and for that I'm 99% sure. In my textbook vision includes sharing that vision with others so it should be right.

Buiboi said:
wat did yo guet for the steel company in vietnam one?
What were the options for that one?

Last edited by a moderator:

nod089

HSC
Buiboi said:
how bout the mcq, the manager who talks to employees and provides direction
yeh that was hard.. i put vision.. not strategic thinking..

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
h2msfn said:
the answer was role of TNCS
Oh okay they must have taken that one out of ours because we haven't done Globalisation yet. Cool. I just seem to remember seeing something about a steel company in the multiple choice. Maybe it was in a past paper or something.

But yeah for the one above, vision is almost certainly right. I will go on a murderous rampage if it somehow ends up wrong.

kokodamonkey

HSC
i said it was the role of govt coz the govt were encouraging them to invest in there.

SamTheMacMan

HSC
We finished the corse around 2 weeks before the Trials.
Our teacher types out everyones notes & summaries...
Is anyone else in the same boat? I thought the test was pretty fair...

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
nod089 said:
yeh that was hard.. i put vision.. not strategic thinking..
hey i did vision too?
is the answer strategic thinking?
i was picking between the two
but i selected vision because it said "gave the employees direction' and so im assuming that the managers vision has provided them with direction?

The vietnam one i put as role of TNC's i didnt konw whether to choose govn or tnc... soo whats the answer to this question?

what did you guys get for the mcq, where a revenue statemetn was given and you ahd to calculate the percentage of fixed costs it hink it was?

i put umm i think 9 % or the one with the two leases over the total, i was giogn to add electricity, but its not a fixed cost right? like the rate of electricity may be constant but not the usage so its not fixed yea?

and how bout the questoin about downsizing(cant remember the question exactly) but optiosn were, expense minimisation, fixed costs, variable costs and some other one.

im not sure if this was a replacement q or from the paper but what did you guys write fro the 'analyse the benefits of changing from hierarchial to flatter structure?

and the q on improving WC?

Last edited by a moderator:

xxmissy

HSC
i stuffed up the last question, the essay. hardly put any case studies in=(

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
yyeah my friend told me the same thing, that its bgovn cause of the incentives...and i put TNC's OMG!

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
Buiboi said:
what did you guys get for the mcq, where a revenue statemetn was given and you ahd to calculate the percentage of fixed costs it hink it was?

i put umm i think 9 % or the one with the two leases over the total, i was giogn to add electricity, but its not a fixed cost right? like the rate of electricity may be constant but not the usage so its not fixed yea?

and how bout the questoin about downsizing(cant remember the question exactly) but optiosn were, expense minimisation, fixed costs, variable costs and some other one.

im not sure if this was a replacement q or from the paper but what did you guys write fro the 'analyse the benefits of changing from hierarchial to flatter structure?

and the q on improving WC?
For the percentage one I got 9%, pretty sure that's right. Only wages and buildings were fixed costs.

For the downsizing one I put expense minimisation.

For the analysis one I said something about better communication between employees and managers and I forget the other thing I wrote about.

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
^^^ wages? was there wages i dont remember...i only took down the 2 leases they provided, one lease for buildings and a lease for soemthign else?werent there just 3 or 4 expesnes?
one was like 355000 or something and you had electricity leassing and another lease?

is expense minimisation right?? farout i kenw it was that !!! damn!

yeah i ddi communication for that too and something else...

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
Buiboi said:
^^^ wages? was there wages i dont remember...i only took down the 2 leases they provided, one lease for buildings and a lease for soemthign else?werent there just 3 or 4 expesnes?
one was like 355000 or something and you had electricity leassing and another lease?
I think there was buildings which was the 355000 one, wages, electricity and something else. Whatever it was I got 9% lol.

is expense minimisation right?? farout i kenw it was that !!! damn!
I'm pretty sure it was but I could be wrong. That's one of the ones I was fairly sure on. What did you put?

And what did you get for the one about who is resistant to change due to the initial cost? It said something about employees getting laid off so there were redundancy payments and training new employees overseas so I put shareholders but it could have been employees. You might not have had that question though.

kokodamonkey

HSC
i put 3% coz i thought it meant what was the like expense ratio for them.. (i.e. over sales not total expense) ohwell so much for reading the question!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)