CSSA Business Studies (1 Viewer)

Examine

same
HSC
OHHH, that strategies part was fucked..
like i knew the obstacles but wtf are strategies
Like identifying the source of change, lowering the resistance to change and I am not aware of the other one.

jason2kool

HSC
Like identifying the source of change, lowering the resistance to change and I am not aware of the other one.
fair enough, and what about that MC about the ratio, was the answer D (decrease of 10k) ?

iamorbid

HSC
I got change agents, Kurt's unfreeze-change-refreeze and lastly was the doing it at an appropriate pace.
What do you think?

findx

HSC
I have my trial on wednesday. Just some questions
1. For Section III, did they list out (in dotpoints) what to write about or just wrote a sentence (e.g. like the specimen paper)?
2. For Section IV, did you write in essay or report format?

iamorbid

HSC
I have my trial on wednesday. Just some questions
1. For Section III, did they list out (in dotpoints) what to write about or just wrote a sentence (e.g. like the specimen paper)?
2. For Section IV, did you write in essay or report format?

ok so if you are doing the CSSA (which should be set together, dont know why you get it late)
Section III you have a hypothetical business that has been pushed out of the aussie market because another business is using imported products. The business is to move manufacturing to an Asian country for cheap labour and will serve the market in developing nations. The business produces clothes and promotes it to youth.
Your task was to list 3 change strategies
2 global marketing strategies
and 2 something

Section IV you had two questions

First question: dl;dr

Second question: did this one
How do global influences influence the operations, in terms of (forgot, but they were 2 things)

Webbmiester

HSC
N/A
hey the working capital one

the 1st year was working capital =0 right?

findx

HSC
ok so if you are doing the CSSA (which should be set together, dont know why you get it late)
Section III you have a hypothetical business that has been pushed out of the aussie market because another business is using imported products. The business is to move manufacturing to an Asian country for cheap labour and will serve the market in developing nations. The business produces clothes and promotes it to youth.
Your task was to list 3 change strategies
2 global marketing strategies
and 2 something

Section IV you had two questions

First question: dl;dr

Second question: did this one
How do global influences influence the operations, in terms of (forgot, but they were 2 things)
I'm not doing the CSSA paper. I just wanted an idea on how the exam is with the new syllabus

osak23

HSC
N/A
Wasn't there an option of 5k decrease ?

or was the only DECREASE option 10k?

iamorbid

HSC
For strategies to overcome resistance to change for some bizarre reason i talked about the democratic leadership style, training and development and job design. I have no clue if that was what they were asking for :/ And i got the decrease of 10K as well. Lucky I changed it at the end =D For the last question I used about 6 case studies. Are we allowed to use that many? The old syllabus use to ask for ONE. However, when i read the syllabus point on the exam it said with reference to your studied case study/studies. I just need some reassurance that, that was what we were suppose to do.
Here's some assurance...you're gone for the resistance to change (why the heck would you mix it with leadership styles?! it could be relevant in a way, how the manager deals with employees and business culture but did not come close to strategies.)

Use as many as you want as long as it specific to what you are discussing, some say hypothetical case studies are not accepted though

Examine

same
HSC
Tbh all I remember now was that it was definitely a decrease.

bubblyxblues

HSC
Actually, wasn't it a decrease in $5K ? Because you don't include mortgage and the vehicles, which are non-current liabilities and non-current assets respectively.

Gr1ff1n

HSC
According to my text book, these appear to be the correct answers for the change strategies.

Change Strategies –

1.) Identify the sources of change and assess whether there is a need to accommodate change through the adjustments to business processes. Generally the sources of change are external and the business is responding to the threat that change can pose.

2.) Lower the resistance to change through communicating with employees about the need for change and getting widespread support for change.

3.) There may be a need to use change agents (internal staff or external professionals). If staff are included in the process of creating a culture of change and settings goals, they will generally be more supportive.

4.) It may be necessary to apply change models such as Kurt Lewin’s unfreeze-model or the more contemporary Kotter’s eigh-step change model, which has been applied by businesses. Adapting to change through overcoming the financial and physicalogical resistance can help businesses to create substainable competitive advantage even when faced with what appear to be threats.

Last edited:

p3rf3ction

HSC
No it was an increase of 10000. first year had 250000 the next was 260000. The difference was like $9999.

jason2kool

HSC
it was definitely a decrease in 10k..
when applying the ratio for the first year you would get -45 000k, and then for the next year you would've gotten -55 000k.
= 10, 000 difference

jason2kool

HSC
I myself thought the test was ok, though I didn't like the part in Section 3 (report) where it asked for change management strategies. Everything else was decent.

For Section 4 I went with the second option and used Qantas, Coca Cola Amatil, HTC and Apple for my case studies.
just out of curiosity, where the fuck do you find all the information for the different cases?

Examine

same
HSC
just out of curiosity, where the fuck do you find all the information for the different cases?
Random news articles, looking them up, etc. HTC, Coca Cola Amatil and HTC were just bits and pieces which fit the question

bubblyxblues

HSC
it was definitely a decrease in 10k..
when applying the ratio for the first year you would get -45 000k, and then for the next year you would've gotten -55 000k.
= 10, 000 difference
I got a decrease 5 K.
It was working capital, which is current assets - current liabilities. This means you don't add the mortgage and the vehicle figures...
?

loapowm

Banned
HSC
I got a decrease 5 K.
It was working capital, which is current assets - current liabilities. This means you don't add the mortgage and the vehicle figures...
?
Correct

Mortgages are non-current

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)