CSSA Economics (1 Viewer)

khfreakau

HSC
^yeah...
You would spend at most 50-60mins on each essay so about 1400 words MAX

I think I wrote like 1000-1200
That's what I would be aiming for. teacher says 600-800 is what's expected haha. good joke.

I only had time for two, although I think I briefly mentioned the third.. I should have done this essay first, as I knew most about it. But should still get 16-17 for it :\
Stats aren't as important as you think. Just cos you missed one cycle of monetary policy stance doesn't mean they'll dock you marks. Stats are just little things which you sprinkle here and there to spice up your essay and impress the markers with your knowledge.

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
Are you sure.... one can reasonably expect to do ~3000 in paper two writing at top speed, so 4000 would take two and a half hours.... surely you didn't do that, not to mention diagrams.
I did multiple in about 10mins.. umm did short answers in about 30-40mins because I knew everything of by heart.. rest i did my extended responses.. im a pretty fast writer also...

probs did 1800-1900 words then , maybe 2000 is a bit too exaggerated :).. But i remember i did repeat myself kind off because I was rushing and yes my quality of the essay would probably not be the best....... And yes i did put diagrams of course (cost push, demand pull, deflationary gap and etc, aggregate demand)

krnofdrg

HSC
Uni Grad
I only had time for two, although I think I briefly mentioned the third.. I should have done this essay first, as I knew most about it. But should still get 16-17 for it :\
Did you mention the future and current stance of monetary policy like they were going to implement it around 4.75-5% or something in the future, thats what i said but i think i was wrong or something.

TorMental

HSC
Lol, 900-1000 words is usually sufficient to answer both essays.

My school changed two sections subs lol, the economic management policy questions were srsly similar to a past paper i did. (the short-answers about wage-decentralisation).

Well, i'm fked soo to speak =s.

krnofdrg

HSC
Uni Grad
MC should be 15mins max...

short answers 40-50mins

essays 50-60 mins

it says it most textbooks and also most teachers advise it

clry

HSC
Does anyone remember the environmental policy SA question? Teacher said our papers are at least a week off getting marked, and had a complete mental blank on what it was on :\

BloomyLove

HSC Hater
HSC
The yellow paper put me off, I swear.
I think I managed to do quite well. Wrote 3 pages for each essay which is sufficient considering the new HSC guidelines recommend 800 words per essay.

krnofdrg

HSC
Uni Grad
The yellow paper put me off, I swear.
I think I managed to do quite well. Wrote 3 pages for each essay which is sufficient considering the new HSC guidelines recommend 800 words per essay.
the 800 word limit is bs i swear.. I got marked down cause of that for business studies..

800 words is really impossible for me =.= considering i just naturally write alot.. im more of quantity>quality thats why just instinct

BloomyLove

HSC Hater
HSC
Most of my class would fail to even write 800 words, and it's the same exam question!

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Erm, A range responses with 800 words isn't difficult to pull off.

krnofdrg

HSC
Uni Grad
I write 1800-1900 words and yes i pull of 19/20's in eco..

btw got 90% for cssa eco =D

determine

Premium Member
HSC
the timing is up to each person i think. depends how quickly you get through the other sections. also, i dont promote that you just rush through the multi choice and the short answers just so that you can get to the essays and have heaps of time to spend on them. don't forget that it is easier to pick up a mark in multi choice or a short answer question than it is to pick up 1 mark in an essay, particularly as you start to penetrate the higher A-range response mark range, i.e. going from 17 to 18 to 19 and then to 20.

about writing 1800-1900 words, that is possible. i did my hsc for economics last year and I applied for my raw marks and my exam papers back - I typed up my essays for all my subjects and sent them to my school to use as a resource, and my 2 economics essays in the hsc were 1950 and 2050 words. and i got 20/20 for both of them. so if you write a lot and it is quality, you will do well. if you write a lot and the content of your response does not directly answer the question, it is a waste of time.

hope this clarifies some of your issues! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)