Cssa legal studies trial exams (1 Viewer)

HKK

HSC
Okay, I have SO much information for this subject. I have gathered my notes and it is literally like a book now, even summarised!

What is the most effective way to study for legal studies? Write generic essays? Know they key cases, laws, etc?

And... what sections to we study for most? Like, what's usually in the extended responses? This is probably my weakest subject atm.

ANY INFORMATION APPRECIATED GUYS :)

thefatman123

HSC
Okay, I have SO much information for this subject. I have gathered my notes and it is literally like a book now, even summarised!

What is the most effective way to study for legal studies? Write generic essays? Know they key cases, laws, etc?

And... what sections to we study for most? Like, what's usually in the extended responses? This is probably my weakest subject atm.

ANY INFORMATION APPRECIATED GUYS :)
check out the spicimen paper, its got the layout there, 3hrs to do 20 m/c 3 short answer and 3 essays
m/c + short answer is all crime + HR and the first essay is moest likely crime but could be HR
then its one essay on each option you've done

study your options holistically cause uve only gotta write one essay on them so they will cover alot of stuff but know your sylabus headings really well for HR and crime

far2nice4u

HSC
No we do two essays and a crime extended response usually worth 15 marks

far2nice4u

HSC
Also do you guys think they they'll take questions from their sample specimen cssa legal paper 2011?
Considering its a new syllabus and all? I was thinking of just focusing on my option essay from the paper because there is actually just way too much to take in

clry

HSC
All you can really do is make a very general essay on each of your options. MAKE SURE YOU INCLUDE CONTEMPORARY ISSUES!!
The essay for crime is a "600 word essay", though realistically if you want the marks, this is more an 800+ word essay. So essentially, crime + HR if you just know your dot points, you'll be right :) As for the other 50 marks (25 each option), I wouldn't bother trying to predict the essays - they can focus on ANY aspect they want.

hotmess

HSC
ahhh I'm actually so nervy, there's no way I'll remember enough LCMD for all the essays!!!

jimmy93

HSC
You have probably already sat the CSSA Trial Paper, since it was scheduled for yesterday morning. It really wasn't that bad. However, for the HSC, detailed LCMD for Crime and your two options is essential. For Human Rights, a general knowledge of a contemporary issue, such as child soldiers, along with the legal and non-legal responses, will suffice. Like somebody already said above, 800 words for the Crime Essay, along with detailed information that answers the question, will most likely get you 14-15. Remember not to waffle though.
Verb + Content = Marks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)