CSSA Maths Trial!! (1 Viewer)

kokodamonkey

HSC
Ahmed A said:
???
with question i think ur referring 2, did u get something lyk $118,000??
i honestly dont remember.. but to answer your (2,16) question.. i kept getting like 3 or something as the x value n that was the 1mk i didnt end up having an answer for.. shows what no study does! frustrated me grrr

williamc

HSC
Ahmed A said:
lolz np buddy

did any1 get the point p(2,16) in question 5 part (c) i think it was
it was where they gave you the equation y = 2x^3 and y = 20 - 2x and the point (10,0)...

I subsititued both equations into each other.

2x^3=20-2x

2x^3 +2 x -20=0

2(x^3 + x - 10)= 0

Then i fudged it. (made 2 be an x intercept)

And then i sub'ed 2 into equation to get 16.

Fuck i should have subsitued the numbers. I didn't realise they were getting you to fidn the point of interception but prove (2,16) was a point of interception. FUCK. I got the second part though(finding area between curves)

Last edited:

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
^^^
yeah i waas doing the same!! i was like wtf this is aint right!
so i just subbed it into the 2 eqns

Ahmed A

[JLS.MCH]
HSC
yeah i was doing the same thing also.
But then i remembered that you cant equate a cubic equation to another equation or something like that.
so i subbed two into each equation and got it. Then walked out of the exam room thinking i got it wrong. Phew :)

kokodamonkey

HSC
oh you gotta be fricken kidding me. i spent like 30min trying to solve a few of those and didnt think to just "sub it in" i thought that was like "cheating" and doesnt count. hmm stupid reading questions wrongly. bye bye 1mark :<
Ahmed A said:
yeah i was doing the same thing also.
But then i remembered that you cant equate a cubic equation to another equation or something like that.
so i subbed two into each equation and got it. Then walked out of the exam room thinking i got it wrong. Phew :)

Beccstar

HSC
OOOOOOMG yes that maths trial was sooooooooooooooo horrible!!!
i reallly didnt like it! and of course it happens to have a massive weighting towards our hsc mark! FABULOUS!

IS IT JUST ME OR IS IT GETTING HARDER AND HARDER TOO KEEP MOTIVATED TO STUDY!!??? i sit down to study but find it soo easy to get distracted! my room has never been so tidy!!

doink

Clone
HSC
2u maths paper was the easiest thing i have ever done. Completed in 1 hour 50 minutes. 3u paper could of been better.

Beccstar

HSC
why would u come to this forum and say that!!!!!!!!!
thats mean! go away!

doink said:
2u maths paper was the easiest thing i have ever done. Completed in 1 hour 50 minutes. 3u paper could of been better.

Freakster01

HSC
williamc said:
I subsititued both equations into each other.

2x^3=20-2x

2x^3 +2 x -20=0

2(x^3 + x - 10)= 0

Then i fudged it. (made 2 be an x intercept)

And then i sub'ed 2 into equation to get 16.

Fuck i should have subsitued the numbers. I didn't realise they were getting you to fidn the point of interception but prove (2,16) was a point of interception. FUCK. I got the second part though(finding area between curves)

SHIT SHIT SHIT!! i forgot to do that!! o fudgen hell lol i thot factorising and than im like x to the cube? wth u suppose to do that? XD

craig123

HSC
haha wasnt as easy as that, the similair triangle didnt form ny ofthe alternate angles or cointerior

smallpat

HSC
it was easy i thought, q10 was shit easy, q6 was the hardest i reken, that AP GP i didnt realise to add both up individually so i made a table fo values, counted up to 67 million.
Finished with about 45 minutes to spare
wat about everyone else??

bec.jay

HSC
smallpat said:
it was easy i thought, q10 was shit easy, q6 was the hardest i reken, that AP GP i didnt realise to add both up individually so i made a table fo values, counted up to 67 million.
Finished with about 45 minutes to spare
wat about everyone else??

HAHAHAHAH. good approach. best approach ever!

gotheswanz

HSC
lol yeah i did the same thing. only hard question in the whole test. i mean how can we have rain drop in the 1st minute and then after 25 minutes we are getting 33 million rain drops a second. now that is some storm. haha anyway i just added up all the values as well... didnt even fit on my calculator, there were too many numbers but it was like 67 million and sumthing weird

bassguy

HSC
My one must have been changed a lot - it said it was based on the CSSA trial, but I don't recognise this stuff.
Was pretty easy though, finished with about 45 minutes free.

xoxo

HSC
well im fairly confident i passed
as trials are supposed to be harder and than hsc i think the hsc should be a good paper in terms on hardness. i found it also very similar to past CSSA papers and overall i didnt think there were any surprises as such. nothing really very out of the ordinary. some parts were hard i will admit but meh it will be interesting to see what i get i guess...screw 3u though

psi-4u

HSC
my friends that do extension found it easy but that was probably one of the hardest test's i've done:bomb:

Ahmed A

[JLS.MCH]
HSC
kokodamonkey said:
i do not remember the rain drop question..
+1
lmaoo
which rain drop question?
it sounds really sad, maybe that's why i don't remember it... :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)