• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

CSSA Results (1 Viewer)

SiMpLYiMaGiNaRy

15 days..
HSC
thx :) ...yeah the girl that got 95%'s crazy...she did biology last yr and came 2nd in the state ^^''..HSC mark of 97

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
SiMpLYiMaGiNaRy said:
thx :) ...yeah the girl that got 95%'s crazy...she did biology last yr and came 2nd in the state ^^''..HSC mark of 97
lol aren't all u Malek fahd kids carzy...lol.. i mean that in a really goood way...
look at Nekkid in my signature... he used to go to ur school..(if u didn't allready know)

no matter what ppl say about mr Ali.. i think he's the most intelligent prnciple around... he know's what he's doing

yeh i saw that girls name when i was looking at the list last yr...

u got 93% for chem... so ur pritty smart (carzy).. urself...

NOTE: please keep in mind that by 'crazy' i mean 'very smart'....

Captain pi

HSC
SiMpLYiMaGiNaRy said:
i came 2nd with 93% (1st was 95%)..
14/15 MC (damn oysters)
57/60 Section 2
22/25 Option (industrial)
You should not lose marks in Question 12 (unless the teacher amended the question in situ).

PS: Say "hi!" for Shariqa for me!

SiMpLYiMaGiNaRy

15 days..
HSC
Captain pi said:
You should not lose marks in Question 12 (unless the teacher amended the question in situ).

PS: Say "hi!" for Shariqa for me!
heheh sure thing..except we graduated today! but then again...we'll be back next week for trials round number 2 :p ...u know her from philosophy i suppose? ;)

And btw, physician, LOL nekkids my brother :)

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
SiMpLYiMaGiNaRy said:
heheh sure thing..except we graduated today! but then again...we'll be back next week for trials round number 2 :p ...u know her from philosophy i suppose? ;)

And btw, physician, LOL nekkids my brother :)
lol... well he's set quite a high bar for u there...lol (i.e 99.55)

well nyways.. well done on ur results.. and good luck with ur 'next round of trials'.. not fair.. i so wish i went to ur school... (not because u do trials more than once.. but for alot of other reasons)

by the way... r u guys sure the oyster one was a dodgy question.. because i lost one mark there... and i'm only second by 0.55 of a mark (overal mark that is)... so as u can see every mark counts for me.. do u think i should tell my teacher about this? .. it'll probably add something like 0.1 to my overal mark... but meh.. it could be worth it...

queenie

I know what ur thinkin...
HSC
whyd malek fahid have 2 rounds of trials?

muselara

Melb Uni
HSC
i told my teacher about how everyone here was saying stuff about the oyster question...only AFTER i interrupted and said "how do we work that out?"
and shes like "....it's maths!"
and i go can you do it on the board like the others please? and she got hella pwned haha!
but shes not removing it or anything cos she reckons it doesnt affect the marks. stupid teacher.
oh well i got it right so i shouldn't be complaining.
i only got it right cos when i worked out on my calculator i got an answer of 0.666666666456456 or something so i chose 6! haha!

queenie

I know what ur thinkin...
HSC
physician said:
It's a free country!!!... there's no law against it
DUDE, obviously theres no law against it - i was just wondering WHY... and it wasn't directed at you anyway cause u dnt go there, so SHUTUP, unless ur answering the question.

SO FOR SiMpLYiMaGiNaRy (who actually goes to the school), Do you guys have a trial for each subject, go back to school + get the results back + have another round of trials?

SiMpLYiMaGiNaRy

15 days..
HSC
queenie said:
SO FOR SiMpLYiMaGiNaRy (who actually goes to the school), Do you guys have a trial for each subject, go back to school + get the results back + have another round of trials?
yep...exactly...and if we have time, we chuck another set in for good measure :p

SiMpLYiMaGiNaRy

15 days..
HSC
yepz...last year we did 3 trials for maths and bio...except she couldnt get the bio one marked in time to give in to BOS so it wasnt counted...maths was tho....umm..i think we did an extra one for english too...cant remember anymore -_-U

Captain pi

HSC
physician said:
by the way... r u guys sure the oyster one was a dodgy question.. because i lost one mark there... and i'm only second by 0.55 of a mark (overal mark that is)... so as u can see every mark counts for me.. do u think i should tell my teacher about this? .. it'll probably add something like 0.1 to my overal mark... but meh.. it could be worth it...
Yes, I am.

To work out the oyster question, you need to know the mean mass of the (edible) part of the oyster. Since this is neither given to you, nor is it a dot-point of the syllabus :)p), it is impossible to solve.

It is analogous to solving the following equation for a unique value of x

xy = 4

stargaze

HSC
Captain pi said:
Disproof by counter-example
Some students' chemists were fictitious.
Hey captain pi, out of interest and for anyone else.. did they lose marks for making up a scientist?

Quite a number of ppl I know lost marks for names that werent recognized, and I got 1/2 for writing "Burhan Goktan"... I didn't think they would specifically be after a name

LostAuzzie

HSC
With regards to that oyster question, our teacher changed it because he believed there was a typing error. The answer to the ammended question was 6.

tronneth

HSC
Howdy all, some nice marks there!

I got 78.5% which is realy 79%. That was third in my class. Hopefully i can work on it and get it a bit higher. Go the band 6.

Yeh the oyster Q was a tad dodgy, we all got marks for that in the end.

And the made up scientist Q, yeh that was dodgy, i made one up and we all got a mark for that....but our teacher agrees that really it isn't part of the course. Not the name surely?

Anyway she said to make one up that is feasible if you had to in the HSC lol, rather than "Fred Bloggs" or "Bob Down" :p....

Funny stuff...

richz

tronneth said:
Howdy all, some nice marks there!

I got 78.5% which is realy 79%. That was third in my class. Hopefully i can work on it and get it a bit higher. Go the band 6.

Yeh the oyster Q was a tad dodgy, we all got marks for that in the end.

And the made up scientist Q, yeh that was dodgy, i made one up and we all got a mark for that....but our teacher agrees that really it isn't part of the course. Not the name surely?

Anyway she said to make one up that is feasible if you had to in the HSC lol, rather than "Fred Bloggs" or "Bob Down" :p....

Funny stuff...
wow, ur teachers are very easy on u guys getting a free mark for not knowing the scientists name, its part of the syllabus, even though i doubt that type of question will be asked in the hsc. Isnt that a bit too lenient to just give u guys a mark....

fantasy27

HSC
N/A
stargaze said:
Hey captain pi, out of interest and for anyone else.. did they lose marks for making up a scientist?

Quite a number of ppl I know lost marks for names that werent recognized, and I got 1/2 for writing "Burhan Goktan"... I didn't think they would specifically be after a name
at least you got 1/2 a mark, i wrote Burhan G____ attempting to spell it, wasn't successful, so i crossed it out and left the G, and i got 0.. apparently we need the full name, if not, then its an immediate 0

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
fantasy27 said:
at least you got 1/2 a mark, i wrote Burhan G____ attempting to spell it, wasn't successful, so i crossed it out and left the G, and i got 0.. apparently we need the full name, if not, then its an immediate 0
Hahaha yeah I could never remember that guy's name. It doesn't matter though, you don't need his name. You need the profession, company, branch of chemistry and the chemistry principle or concept used.

I got 90%, but I made really terrible mistakes. For example, when a question asked "identify one use of a radioisotope", my answer was "technetium-99m". :( I also forgot to put the NH4+ Lewis dot diagram in sqaure brackets and a plus sign.

And also, I forgot to mention the need for a calibration graph in AAS. I thought to myself before the exam that if I forget to mention calibration when talking about AAS, I'd hit myself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)