CSSA trial timetable (1 Viewer)

Sparky_marky

HSC
Looks good to me, We had that timetable up on a wall at school a while ago, but it was less complete...Perhaps a draft? and schools don't want to disperse it until set in stone? ....just a thought

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Emph said:
Have any schools sitting the CSSA papers been informed of their timetable and does it match this one? So would I be correct in assuming that this is it?
That's the one. ;)

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Well it looks like I won't be sitting CSSA exams, as my exams start week 4 and the school said (at least of English) they shall be using external papers.

s2indie

HSC
Yeps, that's correct. The same 4 exams in the first three days.
Grrr.

Deltan

Noob pharmer
HSC
Do theses CCSA trial only apply to catholic schools becuz i attend one?

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Deltan said:
Do theses CCSA trial only apply to catholic schools becuz i attend one?
As hopeles5ly said no.

Deltan said:
That's interesting, their for only trials right?
CCSA also do half yearlies I believe (might be wrong on that, it is early morning), so they can be for trials and half yearlies. But most schools choose to make there own for half yearlies as they can choose to include what has been studied etc.

And no need for you to worry about it now Deltan still another 2 years before your affected, but you have an idea about HSC testing now. ;)

A l

HSC
N/A
My school usually purchases the CSSA examination papers as they have done so for 2004 and 2005, but this year some have decided to use their own examination papers.....
I don't know whether that's a good thing (in regards to having supposedly less difficult exams) or a bad thing (in regards to having to exams that are less like the HSC exam)

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I have been wondering, does anyone know what time the morning and afternoon sessions start?

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Just a question with the CSSA trials and I probably know the answer for this but would like your opinions.

I know CSSA have a set timetable for exams but can the CSSA exams be held after these timetabled times, my schools is very vague only saying that they have bought external papers so really I just wanted to know do school have to follow the CSSA timetable or can exams using CSSA papers be held at the teacher\school discretion.

EDIT: Yep thats the one, stupid FF spell checker. ;)

Last edited:

Porcia

HSC
Kid.@dmin said:
Just a question with the CSSA trials and I probably know the answer for this but would like your opinions.

I know CSSA have a set timetable for exams but can the CSSA exams be held after these timetabled times, my schools is very vague only saying that they have bought external papers so really I just wanted to know do school have to follow the CSSA timetable or can exams using CSSA papers be held at the teacher\school digression.
digression? wtf..lol i think u mean discretion

aethr

HSC
Kid.@dmin said:

I know CSSA have a set timetable for exams but can the CSSA exams be held after these timetabled times, my schools is very vague only saying that they have bought external papers so really I just wanted to know do school have to follow the CSSA timetable or can exams using CSSA papers be held at the teacher\school discretion.

EDIT: Yep thats the one, stupid FF spell checker. ;)
Papers scheduled for BOTH WEEKS must be taken at time/date specified. Rescheduling of papers prior
to the nominated times is not permitted.
So if you do sit a CSSA paper then you're going to have to do it on the date specified by CSSA. I can understand why they would do that since a lot of schools would be doing CSSA papers, it would be unfair for a school to postpone a CSSA exam for a later date since some students could ask other students from other schools for the questions/answers etc.

And on the topic of CSSA papers, my school is doing them and luckily for me the exams are pretty well spaced out and I can't complain about my HSC timetable either :p

H

housemouse

The first week is going to be extremely busy with exams everyday for me. Then it is only 2 exams in the 2nd.

timobr0

Ευθήμιος
HSC
It is the expectation of the CSSA Executive that schools will NOT modify any paper. The one exception to
this is where a topic on which a particular question is based has yet to be covered in class. In such
circumstances an alternative question should be set and presented to students on a coloured insert sheet.
Well my school isn't living up to this expectation...so far the 2 teachers I asked (English & SDD) said they are probably mixing and matching CSSA + many other papers for all sections.....

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
yeah im doing the CSSA timetable.
I'm pretty confident about AOS, as long as it consists of an essay for section 3 and a story for section 2.

SOR2 on tuesday, however, i am totally screwed for.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)