CSU Albury (1 Viewer)

If you had a choice, would you go to CSU Albury?

• yes

Votes: 11 52.4%
  • no

Votes: 10 47.6%

• Total voters

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
I want to to Occupational Therapy, and CSU is 2nd on my list (O.T. at CSU is 10 marks lower than at Newcastle, which is my closest uni ;))
what i want to know, is CSU Albury a good campus? is albury a good town? what is the crime rate like? employment? housing + prices? recreation?
so, um, yeah, just everything you know about it! thanks!

oh, and how far is albury from sydney? (as in hours to drive)

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
It's on the New South Wales/Victorian boarder. I haven't been for years, but from memory it's about 9 hours... Maybe a little less (I was 10 last time I went to Albury/Woodonga)

s2ophie

HSC
Albury is my home town so i voted no because i want to get out of here!!!

Albury is approx 5 and 1/2 hours from Sydney, # hours from Melbourne. 1 hour from Wagga . By train it is 9ish hours and $90 return. Its 1 hour and 10 minutes by plane.

About 90 000 people live in the Albury Wodonga region but nobody ever says they are from Albury-Wodonga! that is just wrong!

CSU is quite a good campus. I haben't been to the main capus (which is in thurgoona, a suburb of Albury) but theu are apparently redveloping it in the near future.) The other campus is in central Albury and less than a 5 minute walk from the main street (Dean Street) The Campus takes up most of a large block and in that block most of the old houses have been bought and converted into lecture rooms, facilites etc.

Albury is a good city I suppose. It is a nice place to grow up but after living here all my life i want to get out. Crime isn't a HUGE problem in Albury but it is a problem in some areas. Parts of Lavington,Glenroy and parts of West ALbury are the suburbs to stay out of at night.

I don't really know about employment. Depends what sort of job you are looking for.

Housing is considerably cheaper than in Sydney (duh!) but again i don't have much info on that.

The night life in albury is dependant on what you are in to. The most popular pubs in the main street are at the moment the Termo and the Globe annd they are usually quite busy. Albury has a whole 1 nightclub 'liquid'

If your into sporting stuff there is heaps of sporting facilities.

And of course if you come here be prepared that the government wants to build an 'internal bypass' (oxymoron i know!) through the middle of town. This is a stupid idea and most people in Albury are either internal or external supporters.

So if you have any more questions ask me!

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
LOL s2ophie -- You can tell I haven't been for years ;) My cousins live in Woodonga.. but I always called in Albury/Woodonga because it shit them to tears and I thought it sounded cute ;)

It's only bout 5 1/2 driving? Wow, I remember it being so much longer :D I guess being an impaitient kid does that to ya ;) I was working it out my trains too.. I spend way too much time on them ;)

s2ophie

HSC
it has gotten a lot shorter to get there by car because it is basically freeway all the way. It would be faster to go Sydney to Melbourne if we had the external freeway!

DON'T SAY ALBURY-WODONGA IF YOU KNOW WHAT'S GOOD FOR YOU! ;)

are your cousins anyone i might know? what school are they at?

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I'm an Albury-ite as well. Liquid is the place to be, failing being there one should be at the Termo or the Globe.

Wednesday night is uni night. Pots are $1.50 at Liquid, Cruisers are $3 at the Termo.

When you are completely shitfaced at 3am in the morning and have the munchies, go to Sweethearts Pizza (hehe Soph)

That's all a uni student needs to know about Albury lol.

Nah, seriously, Albury isn't bad. The people that I know at CSU have a fun time and the student union has a bar and organizes heaps of social activities and stuff. The nightlife isn't tooooo bad.... it's not that bad a place to live, and if I wanted to do a course that CSU Albury offered I wouldn't mind staying here that much.

s2ophie

HSC
Originally posted by braindrainedAsh

When you are completely shitfaced at 3am in the morning and have the munchies, go to Sweethearts Pizza (hehe Soph)

Bit of free advertising there!

Yes i'm the same with Ash. If CSU had a course i really wanted i would go there but as it does not i am glad that i will have to leave!

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
They live on the Victorian side.. I'm not sure what school they went to (but it was on the Woodonga outskirts..) The two eldest ones have left (One's doing equine/horse stuff in Scone, the other's still therfe going electrotechnology at TAFE. and the youngest does distance ed because she's really sick..) Well, thats what they were doing that time we saw them :D I haven' spoken to any of them since 2000.. But they're in Woddonga, I know that much :p

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Hehe I love your two different speelings of Wodonga (Woodonga and Woddonga) hehe! Wodonga outskirts... might have been Border Christian College perhaps? I dunno my way around Wodonga very well lol I avoid it pretty much all together.... Wodonga is a far far far greater hole than Albury!

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
LOL.. hmm.. yeah, I'm the Queen of Typos ;) (but I always thort it was spelt Woodonga.. hehehe. oh well, learn something every day :p)

And the school.. it was public and started with P. I think. I dunno.. LOL, Nobody is there anymore.. hehe

Krangelus

i am a tiger
HSC
N/A
Liquid nightclub is so shit, globe can be good when it is not entirely packed out and the Termo is the best in my honest opinion

The CSU campuses are good though, and Wodonga is the biggest hole :p

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Liquid is shitty.... to small, too smoky, and no where to get away from the music or sit down.... plus you have to pay to get in.... rip off

I like the Termo because I like the beer garden, I prefer to be able to get fresh air.... the globe is good in winter though.....

jodeebabe

HSC
Border christian college is in Thurgoona (dah!) if you really were an albury girl ash you would know that. The school you would be thinking off doesnt start with P but T the school could be Trinity anglican college which is on the outskirts of wodonga enjoy cause im alburys top fan everything that happens in albury i know about :spin::jump:

Tucker_Mark

HSC
Albury is perfect coming from WA im not Centralising myself into a huge city, im all for de-centralisation, important for Australia to develop!
Looking forward to getting over East and into Albury!!

addikaye03

The A-Team
HSC
Albury is perfect coming from WA im not Centralising myself into a huge city, im all for de-centralisation, important for Australia to develop!
Looking forward to getting over East and into Albury!!
Are you coming to Albury or in Albury? Alot of this information is outdated now.

-Termo burnt down about 4 years ago, the new place to start when going out is Paddies.
Then before lockout (1.30am) EVERYBODY heads to either "Level One" or "Roi bar" ( i go to roi personally). Everyone still heads to sweethearts after that though lol

Albury is really good for accommodation, whether it's the residents at Thurgoona or renting a house. Alot of my friends share this private housing thing with like 20 people in it, next to Albury High School.

Anyone want to know anything else i will reply.... Lived in Albury almost all my life btw (18years)

apple pancake

HSC
I've been accepted into CSU Bachelor of Nursing Course already under the early entry scheme and i couldn't be happier
:cook::cook::cook::cook::cook::cook:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)