CSU Bathurst Kitchen Stuff (1 Viewer)

spanish_rose

HSC
Hey all,

Just wondering about the kitchens for the self catered people...where are they located on campus? i know you have to share kitchens with a couple of people, but what happens when you all want to cook something at the same time?! Also, do the kitchens have gas stoves?

Oh and another thing , (nothing to do with kitchens), is it worthwhile to bring a laptop, or will the computers in the library be alright?

Btw, let me introduce myself...my name is Sam, i finished yr 12 last year and was offered a place at CSU...i have deferred this year, and so shall see you all in 2006! :)

Fro

HSC
Gday Sam!
The kitchens are located in each block - 8 people to one kitchen. Electric stoves in traditional diggings, gas in new diggings
Its pretty well managed - ive been there almost 2 years now and never has everyone been cooking at the same time...
As for your computer - its worthwhile bringing it - that way you can do work in your room and shit - they all have broadband connections that you just hookup to your comp so you can access the net
That about it
Any more questions just fire away!
What course will you be doin btw?
Hope that helped
Fro

spanish_rose

HSC
Oh yeah i almost forgot the title

Thanks for your help with those questions, fro!
8 people to one kitchen! Aye carumba! Ah well, i cant cook much anyway except the easy stuff which takes like 30 mins max anyway :p hehe

Oh yeah i wanted to ask about the gym, does anyone use it or does it just sit there with everyone's good intentions to use it lost somewhere (perhaps drowned under a couple of beers)?! And also accomodation, when do you guys put your accomodation preferences in for next year cos i think im gonna apply then also..

Yeah i know i have some random questions - there are heaps more random questions to come as next year draws closer....hehehehe!

i got accepted into Business (marketing) ....still thinking about whether its the right choice

Sam

kylie_robbo

spanish_rose said:
Oh yeah i wanted to ask about the gym, does anyone use it or does it just sit there with everyone's good intentions to use it lost somewhere (perhaps drowned under a couple of beers)?!

The one at Wagga gets used... As does the squash and tennis courts - they are rather popular...

bex

HSC
yeah the gym does get used.. especially at the beginning of the year when everyone is all fresh and dedicated to their new years resolutions.. then by mid year its only the hard core fitness junkies who brave the icy winds to treck from towers to the gym (on the diggings and windradyne side of the uni).. then by the time spring rolls around again evryone is ready to shed those winter kilos so it gets busy again!!

if you like to do classes, one of the gyms downtown- healthworld, does a $12 per week student deal where you can do as many classes you like from sunday to monday.. its a pretty sweet deal..

hope that helped..

bex

HSC
yeah i go to csu! was that your question?

bex

HSC
well im from sydney so thats what my location is.. i havent changed it since i started on this board which was in 02 i think.. anyways im a 3rd year comm radio.and have now left bathurst for my internship so i guess my location has come full circle.. and i am now in sydney!
do you go to csu?

Last edited:

bex

HSC
ah k well its not too far away.. the hsc goes so fast! good luck with all your admissions and stuff!

spanish_rose

HSC
(Probably should start a new thread, but i wont)

Thanks for that info, bex!
Yeah i've seen the gym and the front part of the uni actually. I went down there one day (i think it was a public holiday) and just had a look around the front part of the uni. I dont think i went much further back than the library. But as i recall, i think there was a lake or something on the map.....is that right??

Really must go down there for a proper tour someday...
And by the way, what is the Cindy ball like and when is it on?

Sam

bex

HSC
That would be JOV dam.. if youre coming through teh gates its towards the left end of the uni..

Cindy Ball is insane! It is held in October.. this year on the 27th from Midnite till 6am. Its a formal occasion and there is a theme and bands and stuff. .. its held in the Uni bar and is totally BYO, and students only.

Village Fair is then held on the saturday after Cindy Ball... its our answer to big day out. Heaps of fun! i think i would rate it over vindy ball just cause im always too drunk to remember cindy ball!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)