Csu - Bathurst (1 Viewer)

Lazy

Old Bastard
HSC
Originally posted by bex
PS the UniBar and CSU Bathurst in general have great nightlife! Every tues and thurs there is a themed barnight (although tues isnt usually as busy) and on the weekend we all go downtown to the Park, the Ox or the Eddy.
Still havent seen you out Bex...

Lucy Loo

ummm hi everyone- i know this post is like HEAPS late, and this thread is way old but i joined this thing a few weeks ago.
my brother did the human movement/social science course at Bathurst CSU- you can get HEAPS of jobs from this course such as PE/PDH teaching (you have to do an extra year to do this- but you are guaranteed a job at the end of the course) and stuff like sports administration and if you do this course you have to do something like another one or two years to become a physiotherapist- i hope that helps your friend Universal.
I live in Lithgow- its like 30 mins drive away from bathurst- i was thinkin about doing BA- communication- journalism at Bathurst (if i cant get the marks to get in that is- lol), either that or teaching. CSU has a great reputation for journo courses- the ten news reader jessica rowe studied there and that landed her a job as anchor at channel 10. i might be staying on campus next year- but then again, i will most likely take a year off instead LOL.
anyway guys sorry this was heaps late but i hope it helps you- if you need any more info- the lady from CSU came and gave my school a talk- and ive got heaps of booklets about different courses at CSU- so if you need anymore info id be more than happy to help you out- just pm me, and Universal if your friend needs more info about human movement courses, pm me or something and ill send you my bro's info from the course.

timace

haaarrr.
HSC
i'm gonna spoil the mood of the thread now...
i didn't really enjoy moving up to bathurst... and my course (B.IT) wasn't all that good either...

the town is quite dead, in comparison to wollongong or sydney (i know, there's a huge population difference, etc) and i didn't really get along with the people i knew

homesickness, lack of power (study and physical) and arguments with housemates contributed to me moving back.

so now i'm tafe-ing it up in wollongong until i finish it... then moving to sydney to do some uni-age. Probably a B.IT... but this time in surrounds closer to home.

</rant>

edit: is lithgow actually that close to bathurst? i thought it was further... it took us close on 1 hour from portland to bathurst, and about as long to lithgow by bus. (travelmate reckons its 48 mins by car from L-B)

once i fell asleep on the countrylink bus and only woke up as we crossed the bridge coming into bathurst... talk about a near-heart attack! :p

p.s. one lesson learnt: never try wollongong-lithgow return or sydney-bathurst and back in the one day, especially whilst intoxicated :p

friends and i left home at 3:30am, got to lithgow at about 9, and i left back for sydney by 11 lol.

(this sucks on weekends with lots of trackwork - lithgow-penrith AND central - my place... the entire blue line was out of action!)

Last edited:

bex

HSC
thats valid timace, not everyone goes out there and has the time of their lives. You have to enjoy what youre doing and the people around you in the first place. I can see how you didnt like IT. a lot of ppl think its a shit course..

living on campus meant that i met a LOT of people very quickly which makes it easier to find people with similar interests who you can relate to. I hope everything works out for you at TAFE.

Last edited:

jizmiester

Hey...I'm from Sydney and took the day off today to drive to bathurst to check the place out! LOVED IT!... just gotta work out my specific accommodation details because there is sooooo much to choose from!... i had a tour with two friends that went for about 2hrs...

I recommend that anyone thinking of seriously going to csu- bathurst takes the time to go out there and check it out!

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
I agree with Jiz. I went down and it certinally pushed me towards Bathurst. It's a really nice place, very friendly and the people you talk to (the lecturers and such) actually care :D

Last edited:

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Also, where do you plan on staying Jiz?? I'm hoping to stay in John Oxley, seemed really nice there :D

jizmiester

yeah jov looked good..a shit load better then the towers! i thought they looked like a freakin Prison cell! probably stay at jov for my first year, move to self catered cottages in my second if i can... where you from white rabbit?

what degree you thinking of doing?

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
I was thinking self-catered for first year, but JOV is closer to everything, and Bex said the catered seemed to have a better social life. Plus, I really liked JOV, it was just such a lovley place ;) I'll prolly move to self catered later on, maybe even into Bathurst in my final year (though, I doubt it very much ;))

But I'm from Southish Sydney, and wanna do B Nursing/B Critical Care (paramedic), what about you? where you from?

Edited: Yeah, the Towers were really, really spooky... but costs more than JOV :S

jizmiester

im from sydney too... bout 20 minutes south-west of the city :)....got a mate coming down too if he can make it as well... i'm pretty sure im gunna study the B Arts (communication-Journalism) degree... im a bit spooked about moving outta home though... away from certain ppl... i think ill need a little encouragement to push me fully over the edge... eeeek....

bex

HSC
bah! you JOV people... *VOMIT* Towers, even though its a proverbial prison is THE best place to stay for social life, we can roll home from the bar! that is as opposed to hiking all the way down past the dam!

dont get spooked bout moving its not such a big deal after the first couple of days!

Lucy Loo

well i officially put my applications in for CSU- Bathurst- yesterday, how scary, lol, although i have a job interview tomorrow so i think i may be defering for a year,
does anyone know how the defering thing works- like do you get in and THEN defer or are you meant to tell them before you are accepted- i also need to find out about bridging courses- do you have to tell them or wat??????

Bigmoon

Yeah i am thinking of going to bathurst to study the paramedic/nursing course!
I am from Albury too and wished that the course was here (hi ashlee its brad!)

Ciao

emybemy

hey everyone, im looking at going to bathurst next year to do high school teaching and psychology! ive been to the campus and it looks pretty awesome. what kinda accomodation are you guys looking at? im going to go self catered and i want to stay at diggings cause i reckon it looks the best! im from wagga and no one is going to bathurst so i dunno anyone AHHHHHH! but its alright we will all meet each other in the first week!

Trina85

HSC
Lucy Loo - I went to the Uni and talked to the Journo directors etc and it is not possible to defer uni for a year if u want a communications course. Because the demand is so high u either go now or apply mature age.
BIt of a bummer hey!
I am in the process of learning monologues for theatre and media..dam!
might meet u all at bathurst next year!

roller_barbie

hi y'all!!!
i really really wanna do communications coz thats like me in a nutshell cept the idea of moving away from my parents and friends is scarey n also i have a really good job here at general pants and surf city, so how would i work n earn money at csu? also im a runner so if i want to continue training 6 days a week like here in syd is it possible at csu? my coach is gona kill me if i leave but i really wanna do the best journo course possible...

roller_barbie

wat u mean u cant defer!!! okay life is now officially over for me! im going to poland to coach atheltics for 6 months! i was gonna do first semester n then defer for second n come back!! they cant do this to me!!

jizmiester

at CSU they dont offer deferments because like Trina said the demand for this course is so high each year so its either now or when you turn 21!

Trina85

HSC
Yeh thats gotta suck for u!! Wow Poland would be awsome...if i were u i would ditch csu for a few years and take the opportunity to go to poland!
As for the gal who works at general pants etc and is a runner...well u could still train that much out at bathurst...your coach may not be there but they have a gym n stuff. As for your great jobs...well there are no general pants at bathurst...theres a few surf shops though if u wanted to stay in that.The local pubs employ heaps of Uni students so get one of those certificates to say u can serve alcohol...who knows wat they are called.
Also around the uni they can employ students like for tours n that..no idea how much u get but its something.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)