CSU chem quiz (1 Viewer)

blackglitter

HSC
lyounamu said:
So what was your guys' answer for toilet?
you know, i sat there for ages thinking, none of these answers are right...and then i realised that a 'very careful' person wouldn't touch the water when handling a hose or flushing the toilet...

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
blackglitter said:
you know, i sat there for ages thinking, none of these answers are right...and then i realised that a 'very careful' person wouldn't touch the water when handling a hose or flushing the toilet...
Hahahahaha...

But no. Bacteria do not necessarily dwell in the water. Water is not the only substance that provides a ideal condition for bacteria to survive. Bacteria can exist in the water moisture. (in air, that is)

Therefore, when we flush the toilet or when we hose the garden, we are exposed to the water moisture where the bacteria can exist. Don't tell me we are careful enough to avoid single H2O particle in the air. Only place where bacterica cannot survive are the sealed places with either extremely low or high temperature that are not exposed to the external environment. (air-tight)

EDIT: Thanks. That was not necesarily a goal as such...but I appreciate it.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I put 900 for that virus question. But I see why people put 1080. You don't touch the water when you flush the toilet. :p

As for the dopalamine question...I thought I was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo smart for figuring out that it was 5 mols. As if they'd give us an unbalanced equation. :(

blackglitter

HSC
lyounamu said:
Hahahahaha...

But no. Bacteria do not necessarily dwell in the water. Water is not the only substance that provides a ideal condition for bacteria to survive. Bacteria can exist in the water moisture. (in air, that is)

Therefore, when we flush the toilet or when we hose the garden, we are exposed to the water moisture where the bacteria can exist. Don't tell me we are careful enough to avoid single H2O particle in the air. Only place where bacterica cannot survive are the sealed places with either extremely low or high temperature that are not exposed to the external environment. (air-tight)
well, maybe i should fix my reply. I realised AFTER the test lol :shy: , so I put whatever the highest answer was for that question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)