Csu (1 Viewer)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
so do you guys have like formal dinners or dress up parties or what?
hehe, im such a girl, im planning what clothes i need already!!
oh, and is it cold down there?

~Dreamer

HSC
thers a function on practically every day, pub crawl, karaoke, trivia,
there are formal occasions like res ball and back to school ball...dress up in your high school uniform...
my friend went to the campus at aubry, he transfered to wagga, h said that it had a good party atmosphere and that the facilities are brand new and the latest kind. so ur lucky!

bex

HSC
In the past year we have had so many dress up nights!! Toga Party, 80's Prom, Dag night, superheroes, drs and nurses..Back to School, Bogan night, blokes and shielas you get the picture!! we also have a couple of semi formal events here and there as well as our big formal event Cinderella Ball in term 4. But its true.. there is something going on practically everyday around campus!

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
god, where do you get the clothes for half that stuff?!?!

bex

HSC
you would be surprised what you can make from a sheet and some staples! vinnies, salvos and op shops mainly.. anytime i come across one while im at home ill check it out for a theme night coming up.. its so cheap and you can always donate it back or keep it for next year! spotlight is also really good as well

crazybrad

Pharmer
HSC
on toga nite i wore my bed sheet
it kept fallin off at club

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Not to put a downer on anything but I've heard the social life at CSU Albury is nothing compared to Bathurst.... but Albury is ok, it's a nice place, there is good nightlife on the weekend.

Also, if you don't have a car and will be studying primarily at Albury city DONT live at Thurgoona. It is out in the middle of nowhere, basically it's bush. The CSU campus is nowhere near bus routes, and there are barely any buses out there anyway. The accomodation at Thurgoona is eco-friendly.... apparently they have "bio-toilets" and only natural heating and cooling or something so I have no idea what they would be like. There are lots of share houses around near Albury campus, they aren't university owned but there are heaps of CSU people living there. I think OT is mostly at Albury city, so you might want to consider sharehousing with people or living in a flat in Albury. The uni would have more info about available accomodation. Plus the Albury city campus is pretty close to everything (e.g. nightlife, shopping, healthcare.... everything). It's a 5 min walk from Albury's main street and it's in these heritage houses so it's a really unique campus. Thurgoona is very high tech but it's a shame that it is so isolated. I think they are eventually moving the whole uni out to Thurgoona and turning it in to a "real" uni campus but that is not going to happen for quite a while. Before you make the decision to go to Albury, travel down there and check it out to see what I mean. I think you could have a great time there though, a lot of people really enjoy going to uni there and because it's quite small people make a lot of good friends. The facilities are good too, it's a block from my old high school so we used to use their facilities sometimes.

Last edited:

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
hmm...well i love the idea of it being a 'bush campus', newcastle is very bushland, which i adore, and essentially, i am a bush girl, and the thought of moving to somewhere (cough sydney) that is all concrete and trillions of people and stuff absolutely terrifies me.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Thurgoona is a nice campus, and it is totally bush lol but transport is the main problem with living out there. Albury is a good place though, nice and laid back. Probably similar to Newcastle in terms of lifestyle etc (except there is a river instead of a beach) but it is a fair bit smaller. Albury is very non threatening hehe people are really friendly and I can even hook you up with some people doing OT in Albury if you want more opinions and stuff, because heaps of people from my high school are going to CSU Albury. But these are people that have lived in Albury all their lives so they will probably say Albury sucks lol... I think you have to move away to realize that it is a pretty nice place to live lol.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
hmmm....im thinking ill prob like it...it sounds enough like home to be comforting, but different enough to enjoy it as a new experience...
and the transport thing, i have a car, which ill be taking if i go, so thats not a prob...
im starting to look forward to it...i think im resigned to the fact th at i prob wont get into newcastle, and its prob a good thing that i wouldnt mind living somewhere else.

crazybrad

Pharmer
HSC
yerh albury puts it all over wagga, but csu wagga is bigger hmmm

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Albury kicks Wagga's ass... I've found Wagga to be really rough whenever I have been there.

Jess I'm sure you will like Albury, you should make a trip down and check it out. And if you have a car, you could live anywhere, it's about a 15 min drive to CSU Albury from Thurgoona.

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
some of the people at CSU wagga (eg. the ag students) may be rough, but i wouldn't consider the town itself rough.... some of the best times out i've had have been in wagga (eg. world cup final weekend, wagga gold cup...) romano's all the way!! seriously one of the best pubs ever

crazybrad

Pharmer
HSC
actually i would call the town pritty rough, actually very rough, the aggies fitm in well lol

kylie_robbo

Wagga in town isn't that bad... there is a huge mix of people... the aggies, the city slickers, the beachy ones, the people who think they are country bums but live in Kincaid or Gurwood streets...

Magister

HSC
N/A
Re CSU Campus

hipsta_jess said:
so what do you have to do for yourself?

like, washing, cleaning, etc.
I work for Student Services at Wagga Wagga Campus and I know that both campuses (WW and Thurgoona) are very helpful to students. There is someone who looks after student accommodation. If you check the CSU website and look under Student Services you will get information about accommodation as well as the names of the advisors who administer this service. I can't tell you all the ins and outs as I am a Learning Skills Advisor and this is out of my area.

Good luck with getting the correct info and try to make contact with the appropriate people. All the best for life in Albury!!

Magister

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
hipsta_jess said:
...... CSU (I'll be at the Albury campus, but I'm keen to find out stuff about the uni in general)......
And here I am thinking you would be just up the road!!

LOL

CSU is a really good uni (my sister went to Bathurst) and she loved it!

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
snapperhead said:
And here I am thinking you would be just up the road!!

LOL

CSU is a really good uni (my sister went to Bathurst) and she loved it!
I'd be just up the road if I end up at UWS-Campbelltown wouldn't I?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)