• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Cube Roots of Unity (2 Viewers)

jchoi

HSC
jchoi,

All I'm saying that these types of questions are quite uncommon and yet everyone is acting like I'm some sort of person trying to give misleading information. Note that I never said not to study it, I want people to draw their own conclusions to whether they will study it to great depths or not.

[sarcasm]So, jchoi: Thank you very much for your (extremely) valuable input. It was very necessary[/sarcasm]
You forgot the
" [hypocriticism]" [sarcasm]So, jchoi: Thank you very much for your (extremely) valuable input. It was very necessary[/sarcasm] "[/hypocriticism]"
Note that this stuff isn't examined much so I personally wouldn't worry about it."
Great answer for a question.
Alright then, why don't you go through 30 trial papers (from various years) and other HSC papers, like I did, and count how many times they've asked you to prove expressions using these results.
Clearly shows that you're trying to push your opinions that it WILL NOT come out in the exams, looking at the "past statistics".
Your inane replies after replies end with
I think it's still in the syllabus but I asked THREE maths teachers at my school (each with at least 25+ years experience) and they said to me not to worry about the proving expressions using those results, as it most likely will not be examined.
You haven't looked into syllabus yet, then why speak?
Maybe the teachers at school has too much experience that they haven't realised that the syllabus changed over the years.
Before you make statements such as
All I'm saying that these types of questions are quite uncommon and yet everyone is acting like I'm some sort of person trying to give misleading information. Note that I never said not to study it, I want people to draw their own conclusions to whether they will study it to great depths or not.
Edit your previous posts, and maybe you will stand with credibility and not look like a total idiot.

You do not draw the line of "great depth", the examiners do. What will you do if this is in this year's HSC, and he took your advice?

In the end, this was about helping the guy do the question, and your valuable input of "If i were you I wouldn't worry about it because it's in the syllabus, but it's best not to study because my naive teachers think that they won't be in the exams" led me to waste time on clearing frivolous stupidity - "It is in syllabus so study it". All you're trying to say is that you gave an inane input and trying to justify it with hypocriticism.

It's in syllabus, so study it. The end. Case solved. Study it.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)