Cumberland 2006- Who's starting? (1 Viewer)

kaitie

the evenstar
HSC
Who's an 05er who's trying to get a course in Health Sciences at Cumberland campus?
I'm hoping for Applied Science(Speech pathology).

What's everyone else going to try for?

I guess I'm asking because I have never seen much interest from people in the health sciences...and I'm not sure why.:( Sad.

sakura_05

HSC
I hoping to get into Diagnostic Radiography. Hopefully the UAI cut off does not increase.

jessied

HSC
I'm starting, well hoping to anyway. I applied for Physiotherapy, see ya's there!

franklin265

HSC
4 of my 9 preferances are for health science courses

i applied for health science, both csp and dfee

the other 2 are behavioural health science and leisure and health

and i too hope uai's aren't increased by much. i went to a lecture during their open day in august and the lecture dude said most courses will rise up by 5-10 points.

chiche

HSC
jessied said:
I'm starting, well hoping to anyway. I applied for Physiotherapy, see ya's there!
Hey, I applied for physio too!! The workload sounds scary, I never did chem or physics, but it looks like a lot of fun, hehe.

kaitie

the evenstar
HSC
I'm actually really quite excited about all this now.
I guess we'll all see each other walking around somewhere...

I hope we all get our choices too. Good luck everyone.

stargaze

HSC
jessied said:
chiche said:
Hey, I applied for physio too!! The workload sounds scary, I never did chem or physics, but it looks like a lot of fun, hehe.
Physio too! (i hope :) )

franklin265 said:
and i too hope uai's aren't increased by much. i went to a lecture during their open day in august and the lecture dude said most courses will rise up by 5-10 points.
five to ten points??? sounds a bit high there

jessied

HSC
chiche said:
Hey, I never did physics but I completed year 11 chem. Looks like I'll have to do the bridging courses if I get into Physio. What was your uai if you don't mind telling me (just trying to see what uai's people got who are applying for physio)

5-10 points!!!! Physio was 94.3 last year, it seriously cant go up to 99.3!!!

kaitie

the evenstar
HSC
Oh god, 5-10?? WHAT?

Things won't raise that high I'm sure. Maybe for the more high demand courses, but the health sciences ones aren't super high demand like law or vet science or even an Arts degree...so i'm sure we'll all be fine...right??

I would need 97.10 if Speech path rose by 10pts. HA. I doubt that.

Jessisbored

HSC
hey, im doing speech path but im going into 2nd year now...it is such an awesome course...i love it! But thats just me...if anyones interested to know about it im here..
and the campus isnt that bad either, the cemetary is funny to joke about and there are social sports like touch footy played during semester one. I did it last year and you get to meet heaps of ppl

franklin265

HSC
ohh i didn't mean to freak most of you guys out with the 5-10 points thing

that's what he said. i can be almost certain his comment there would apply to the courses within the 70-85 mark range.

actually, i'm pretty certain it could be for those courses within the 70-85 mark range.

b health sciences will probably get up the most because it can be studied to get into pharmacy/medicine/nursing/physio etc. my plan is to do that course and then do pharmacy.

minumber1

HSC
health sciences are cool. i'm doing physio. dun like the sound of huge work load. bludged heaps throughout high school so dun noe how i'm gonna manage in uni. anything that requires more than 1-2hrs of study a day is crazy!

franklin265

HSC
lol. are you serious?

between trials-hsc i was on 6-8 hrs a day

before trials though, 1-2 hrs was my load. hahaha

does anyone know if ALL the work done for any of the health science courses is done ONLY on the cumberland campus? do h/s students go to the camperdown/darlington campus at all?

HSC
hopefully ill get into raditation therapy at the cumberland campus. i dont know anyone going there, guys u gotta look out for me!

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
yay a radiation therapy person!!!!

oh and franklin i think the only people who go to main campus is one of teh double degrees that maybe has nutrition in it

kaitie

the evenstar
HSC
looks like everyones getting excited. I know i am. i just want to know for sure what i'm doing..only 4 days left isn't it?
I look forward to seeing all you guys on the campus even if we're doing different things. haha.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)