cumbo joining with main campus?! (1 Viewer)

Smiley =]

HSC
Ok, I don't know if this is TRUE...but i have heard from a few people (who's sister's/brother's friends go to cumbo) that the faculty of health sciences is going to be moving OUT of lidcombe and will be in the city with the main campus?! Those who aren't newbies- could you please tell me if this is correct??!?? (i hope so! cumbo seems so small..and there's only 1 cafe?!??)

anyways, i'm starting OT at cumbo this year! yay! anyone else studying OT??

more questions:
- what's the social life like at cumbo?
- is it kinda freaky going home if you have late classes? i mean, the area seems kinda empty....
- do you like cumbo or would you prefer main campus?

THANKS! :) hehehe...

:wave:

Skeeta

HSC
I believe this to be true, but its happening progressively over the next five years, so it probably wont affect your degree.

- The social life is.. um, bare. They DO have events, but never at the universtiy, they are always in the city - Its what you make of it really. We dont even have a bar.

- The latest class I've ever had is 5pm start, At least when you finish, theres 100 people that finish with you. And they're all heading towards their car/bus stop aswell.

- Cumbo is good for what it is. Its a good campus, everyones friendly and you wont have much trouble making friends. However, it doesnt have all of the events/bands/outings/parties of main campus. I'd like to experience main campus, for the social side of things. but cumbo is alright

Smiley =]

HSC
awww...ok then what a shame...i was thinking "if not this year maybe next year?" *o well*

so does that mean that i can't join any of the clubs etc at usyd??

well thanks for the reply!
hope to see you around at uni! hehe

nik_noodle

HSC
The move is something that's under discussion and if it does happen it won't be for a long time. It won't affect you.

Social life--- on campus is pretty poor. However if you meet the right group of people you get a pretty cool social life all the same.

The earliest class you'll have is 8am, latest is 5pm.

I prefer Cumbo to Main. I get lost on main :p

There are 2 eateries on campus. The shitbox Depot that you would have seen open on Enrollment day (I was working there, 1 day of microwavable burgers and I decided I was NEVER entering again. lol), and then theres another cafe, with shit coffee, but its got more food choices etc.

me-mfhs

HSC
Uni Grad
*reads and replies topic a year later*

hey is this still true??? are they really moving to the main campus?

me-mfhs

HSC
Uni Grad
cool! do you know when and/or if speech pathology is moving?? ^_^ hehe :haha::haha:

nik_noodle

HSC
me-mfhs said:
cool! do you know when and/or if speech pathology is moving?? ^_^ hehe :haha::haha:
No idea. Sorry. I sort of neglected my attendance at uni and my shifts working at the uni since I started working in Newwie lol. I'm out of the loop. It will be moving though.

iceman_leith

Sydney University Rep
I can be found wondering the streets or the alley
HSC
People Cumbo won't be moving in the near future even though bachelor of health science has moved its 1st year students there they still have to go to cumbo in 2nd year if they want to major in movement science etc...
I know for a fact that Cumbo will not be moving anytime soon or in the near future as i have personally been involved within the university admin levels at both cumbo and main campus. To the degree that I know the university has injected millions of dollars into Cumbo in recent years for updating facilities and infrastructure. Therefore not making the move financially suitable.

Leith

P.S. ignore the negative comments about Cumbo is awesome and we have amazing parties and social life is the best!

yulia

i'm sorry for your face.
HSC
holy crap LEITH IS THAT YOU???????????????? IT'S ME STRIPPER.

Anyways yeah Cumbo is awesome.

And you know some of my masters classes got moved to main campus. It was pretty sad, only got to go out to Cumbo once every few weeks. Oh how I miss the bus drivers.

iceman_leith

Sydney University Rep
I can be found wondering the streets or the alley
HSC
lol stripper yeh its me...It's good to see your still around, I haven't seen you in ages. So they moved the masters health informatics to main campus? Thats interesting... They're hopefully bringing back Eastern University Games sometime down the track will Julia a.k.a stripper be making another appearance? Hope so, by the way how's work? or have you moved on from that?

Leith

yulia

i'm sorry for your face.
HSC
fancy finding you here! yeah i've changed jobs, i'm working full time for a telco at the moment - i deferred uni which is why you probs haven't seen me around. the M.HI went to shit once they moved us to main campus and stopped having face to face class with us. so i deferred hoping they'll make some changes to it because heaps of people were complaining.

but i dunno if i wanna go back. i might be enrolling in a uni in melbourne so if i do make an appearance at Uni Games it may not be for usyd.................!

have u finished yet?

Skeeta

HSC
me-mfhs said:
I graduated from Speech in 2008 and was told that although they PLAN on moving to main campus eventually, there are a lot of logistic issues (as in.. they're running out of space on main campus).

A date hasn't been set, and i wouldnt expect it to happen anytime soon.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
if there's not enough space on main campus, why do they want to move all the cumbo students there?

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Has anyone got anything official?

I know that the Law fac is moving back onto campus from Mallet St and I heard late last year that Usyd was trying to acquire the Australian Technology Park. Also more land on the Broadway side of Camperdown, but I haven't heard anything since then???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)