CuMbO StUdEnTs... (1 Viewer)

sharks05

HSC
Ho hum, just a general thread for us poor neglected cumbo students.. Courses...units we hate/ like... stuff we doduring breaks...complaints about PARKING..lol

Me Im doin physio... like it so far... cept for a few units... like Molecules and Energy!!! Does any1 have Laurette or Jenny for anything else!! free to post whateva...go for ur life guys!!

Jessisbored

HSC
ahoyhoy

as in my signature, im first year speech. i cant believe how many horus we do! ok its not as many as engeneering apparently, but i reckon 26 is just a fair few. I like all my subjects, i can think of 7 out of 8 that i do and keep forgetting the last one. Sociology is a pain though...quite boring and our lecturer babbles on forever. but other than that... we do :
intro to health psychology
sociology for the health sciences
Phonetics
Normal Communication development
Human Biology and Biochemistry
Neuroscience 1
Speech Science 1
OH! I HATE Linguistics! thats the subject i keep forgetting about...argh we have a bad lecturer. she did improve in our last lecture though which was good.

Oh and about the parking, i wish i had my p's...so i cant quite relate to that/\
A friend of mine is in 1st year physio, actually i know 2 ppl doing it. I heard one of your assigments you had to do the moonwalk! fun!

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
as my sig says
i do
Radiation Therapy 1A -its okay cept i dont like the fact that we have to read the stuff before class and do the work in class....i always thought it should be the other way
Introduction to Radiation Physics- uuugh lost
Human Biology and Biochemistry-its ok
Clinical education-fav subject and least cp lol
Psychology-good lots of content
structure, function and disease- we have too many body parts but its not too bad

5 days a week with 3 8am starts is a bit much but i suppose it gets better. and i found out i'm going to RPA for my clinical placement in the holidays

Skeeta

HSC
im in the same boat as Jessisbored (we're in the same class) and yeah everythings cool except friggen linguistics.. aaaarrrghhhh!!

Parkings a poop to pay $2.60 a day for. but for me its easier and cheaper than pub transport so meh. All my classes are 8 or 9am starts so finding parking isnt a problem.

Happeninchick

Gilmore Girl
HSC
I really like things at Cumberland so far. My course (ie: in my signature) nuclear med is heaps interesting. I do basically the same subjects as Katie...

Introduction to Radiation Physics- hmmm... I'm suffering a tad there! Hopefully thing will get better there... I'm Being PATIENT!!

Human Biology and Biochemistry- I don't mind this subject. The lectures move totally fast, but if you keep up, it's not a bad lecture. Heaps of kids skip it cause "The notes are on the net," but she actually highlights some vital information and I am liking the content of it so far. (Thank you Chemistry Bridging course!!)

Clinical education- This isn't anything too strenuous. A lot of patient/doctor relationship details. Will be great when Clinical begins!

Psychology- Wow... never seen anyone cram so much into one 2 hr lecture slot! Psychology is actually very interesting. The infant development is heaps awesome when you actually think about the way we acted as little ones. I like to apply the stuff they tell us about the development processes to my own self and see if its true... sometimes I don't agree with those damn psychologists experiments!!

Nuclear med - This is a good subject (of course its my main subject! hehe). A little slow at the start learning about the veeeery basics of it all - but we have to start somewhere. But I don't mind it all...

Structure, function and disease - I LOOOVE this subject. Especially the lab work. Getting to work with the cadavers is such a good way to actually understand the function of each muscle, ligament etc. I really enjoy this subject and the lecturer is so thorough in what we must know. She keeps in interesting and is always willing to help! (Always a plus...)

Parking - yes... that is a problem! I have to arrive like 2 hrs before my actually lectures to get a park resonably close. It's a bit of a nasty topic that!! hehe

Timetable - ANNOYING!!! It's kind of taken over my life, I must admit... 8am starts 3 times a week. 9am starts 2 days a week. finishes are about 3ish. 5ish is the latest on monday. It's really quite a terrible timetable.. Not happy there!

But anyways, that's my rant! hehe Overall I like Cumberland! Hope you guys are liking your courses... :D

Last edited:

noneother

the Cho is great
HSC
I reckon examining the corpses would be heaps interesting. Do you get any ghosts or spirits around your campus...I heard you live next to the cementary..kinda makes u wonder where they get their bodies from

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
lol yeah when we run out of cadavers to examine...we go and dig some up ? *rolls eyes* unethical and even smellier than they already are lol.
Happeninchick...SFD is good ? silly girl lol nah if u can remember it all its okay

Happeninchick

Gilmore Girl
HSC
Katie123 said:
lol yeah when we run out of cadavers to examine...we go and dig some up ? *rolls eyes* unethical and even smellier than they already are lol.
Happeninchick...SFD is good ? silly girl lol nah if u can remember it all its okay
Hehehe Hey Katie - Im up studying for Biochem tomorrow! hahaha Look at the time of my post... LOL After that structure and function exam, I kind of understand everything a lot more clearer! hehe. Maybe a full cram session is good every now and then... It's kind of like another language and I really don't mind that sort of stuff. LOL YES I AM A SILLY GIRL!! hahaha BUT It's all good - I still hate phsyics at the moment!!!

Happeninchick

Gilmore Girl
HSC
Yeah - Its a lot more full on then a lot of the other courses. I must admit, I have no social life!! I just constantly live at that damn university and I've gotta keep working to earn money... so by the time I get home theres hardly any time to study or review work. So yeah - its quite challenging!!

Jessisbored

HSC
haha i wanted to be a nurse but my m,um wouldnt let me-she's a nurse :p

i do 26 :( yeah not including travelling and lunch breaks. how cruel!~

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
_Bushra_ said:
Dang! I really wanted to attend this uni and do a course in nursing and arts...BUT THEY CANCELLED THE COURSE!

I am devastated. The campus was like 15 minutes away from my house too!

:(:(
since when had nursing been at cumbo....my understanding was /is is that it ws at the mallet street campus which is 5 min from main campus. esp since its combined with arts...theres no humanities at cumbo

kat_mandu

What the?
HSC
Hey fellow cumbonites,
As my sig doesn't say i do Leisure and Health
i do:

Introduction to Leisure and health
Human Biology and Biochemistry
Introduction to Health Psychology
Leisure in Australia
Proffesional Practice I

By the sounds of it my course isn't as full on as you guys cause i have a day off . But we have to organise this camp for the spastic centre and also organise the Australian Great Ski Marathon for professional prac and it is taking up SOOOOOO much time. We are pretty much doing these events from scratch so its quite hard and time consuming.
At the moment im not loving my course and im thinking bout transfering out but i dont know what to. I think Cumberlands a pretty cool campus though...maybe ill stay there

How did everyone go in the human bio and biochemistry exam?
I didn't think it was to bad. It wasn't as hard as i thought it would be

kat_mandu

What the?
HSC
hey guys just letting you know that this tuesday there is going to be a carnival at uni!
Leisure and Health first years are fundraising for the spastic centre of NSW and the camp that they are running for them.
60's is the theme, in celebration of the spastic centres 60th anniversary.
come along and grabs some yummy pancakes, play same funky games, do the limbo watch members from the spastics music display and get a tattoo. Not only is it fun, it all goes to a great cause.
hope to see ya there
tuesday 17th common lunch on the square bit of grass outside admin

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)