Cupcakes! (1 Viewer)

Cinnamonster

Somewhere in the general vicinity of the Universe
HSC
just made neopolitan cupcakes. awesome. thanx cinni!
Photos maybe? I'd love to see them!

my nieces bday party is today....

making cupcakes xD

mum made the batter. im in charge of decorations

so far i have made frangapani flowers out of marshmallows :D :D

i will post photos when they are complete!! :D
OH MY GOSH! Marshmallow flowers are the best! I haven't made them in forever. Do they have Smartie centres too?
Can't wait to see photos!

I made cupcakes today!
Caramel toffee cupcakes :D

This was the first time I have ever made toffee without it turning out like tar.
These cupcakes are so filling I had trouble finishing eating one of them, haha.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
I have a recipe for tiramisu cupcakes from the woman's day, but I just made choc chip muffins so have to eat those first.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
125g butter- chopped, room temp
2/3 cup caster sugar
2 eggs, separated
1 tsp frangelico
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup hazelnut meal
1/2 SR flour, sifted
1/2 cup milk

Filling
1/2 cup cream, whipped
1/2 cup marscapone
1 tsp instant coffee powder
1 tsp icing sugar

Cream butter and sugar, add egg yolks one at a time. Beat in frangelico and vanilla
Combine hazelnut meal and flour in large bowl
On low speed, alternately add flour mixture and milk to creamed mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture
In separate bowl, beat egg whites til stiff peaks form. Fold lightly into cake mixture.

Spoon evenly between paper cases until 2/3 full. Bake 30-35 mins.

Filling- fold cream into marscapone with coffee and sugar
Using sharp pointed knife, cut a circle from top of each cake. Fill with coffee cream. Dust with cocoa powder and top with a chocolate heart.

Cinnamonster

HSC
I couldn't find Tiramisu, but here's a list of recipes from Woman's Day for cupcakes:
Cupcakes – Discover 46 Easy Cupcake Recipes on WomansDay.com
125g butter- chopped, room temp
2/3 cup caster sugar
2 eggs, separated
1 tsp frangelico
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup hazelnut meal
1/2 SR flour, sifted
1/2 cup milk

Filling
1/2 cup cream, whipped
1/2 cup marscapone
1 tsp instant coffee powder
1 tsp icing sugar

Cream butter and sugar, add egg yolks one at a time. Beat in frangelico and vanilla
Combine hazelnut meal and flour in large bowl
On low speed, alternately add flour mixture and milk to creamed mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture
In separate bowl, beat egg whites til stiff peaks form. Fold lightly into cake mixture.

Spoon evenly between paper cases until 2/3 full. Bake 30-35 mins.

Filling- fold cream into marscapone with coffee and sugar
Using sharp pointed knife, cut a circle from top of each cake. Fill with coffee cream. Dust with cocoa powder and top with a chocolate heart.
Thanks so much :D They sound so yum!

HSC
N/A

naww that was my perfect one :D :D :D

and these are just some crazy ones i decided to do. some good ole fashioned smarties n hundreds/thousands :D :D

simplyyme

HSC

naww that was my perfect one :D :D :D

and these are just some crazy ones i decided to do. some good ole fashioned smarties n hundreds/thousands :D :D

Those flowers are made of marshmallow right ? they look so good, I would have never thought to use marshmallows like that !

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Those look awesome. Particularly the coconut toppings. :)

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
Photos maybe? I'd love to see them!

OH MY GOSH! Marshmallow flowers are the best! I haven't made them in forever. Do they have Smartie centres too?
Can't wait to see photos!

I made cupcakes today!
Caramel toffee cupcakes :D

This was the first time I have ever made toffee without it turning out like tar.
These cupcakes are so filling I had trouble finishing eating one of them, haha.

"you must spread rep yadda yadda yadda"

:(

Lilyy

HSC
All your cupcakes look very pretty. :)
I was wondering if I could ask a few questions about cupcakes. *I'm a horrible cook so bear with me x)*
I've never made cupcakes without using the pre made base. Sooo I was wondering, can you use plain flour instead of self raising flour? ANNND! Do pancakes and cupcakes have the same/similar bases?
Thank you. :)

Last edited:

Cinnamonster

HSC
If you don't want to buy SR flour then you can use plain flour BUT you need to add 2 teaspoons of baking powder to each cup of plain flour. That's basically just making your own SR flour really. You cannot use plain just as it is because the cakes won't rise that much (chances are they won't even rise) and would end up pretty miserable looking and no one wants that to happen.

Some cake recipes do call for a little bit of plain flour but chances are these recipes will also include SR. I guess this is because there was already enough SR flour in the recipe for the cakes to rise properly but the recipe still needed a bit more flour without the effects of SR flour.

Pancake bases are a bit different. When I make pancakes I use an egg or two (depending on how many pancakes I want to make), sugar, milk, plain or SR flour (depends on what happens to be in the pantry) and a little bit of vanilla extract (because it's nicer than vanilla essence). I don't really measure ingredients when I make pancakes but there are about a billion recipes online to check out if you're more into following a recipe rather than just winging it. Pancakes don't need any butter in the batter, only in the fry pan when you start to cook them.

I hope that helps you :)

x jiim

zimbardooo.
HSC
Uni Grad
All your cupcakes look very pretty. :)
I was wondering if I could ask a few questions about cupcakes. *I'm a horrible cook so bear with me x)*
I've never made cupcakes without using the pre made base. Sooo I was wondering, can you use plain flour instead of self raising flour? ANNND! Do pancakes and cupcakes have the same/similar bases?
Thank you. :)
slight tangent, but a good pancake recipe I found was just 1cup milk, 1cup s/r flour and an egg, plus sugar if you want. it sounded too simple to be true at first, but they were actually really good o___o

Lilyy

HSC
Oh okay, ty. :D
Yeah I'm the sort of person who kinda just does things randomly rather then following the recipe. xD Yeah I put in some baking soda but I think I need more. @_@"
And the pancake thing - it was because originally I was going to make pancakes then I changed my mind and now I'm making cupcakes. Well I think its pretty similar. xD Hopefully it will turn out okay.

*EDITS*
Just posting about how the cupcakes went - They turned out okay. :D
I mean they weren't uncooked or burnt. xD
So I did end up successfully turning my pancakes into cupcakes. xD
Minor flaws -
Forgot to add more sugar, so it turned out a little (Understatement) plain.
Oiled the wrong side so the cupcakes ended up being stuck to the little paper cupcake cuppie things.
Annnd my icing was too watery and I couldn't fix it. =/ Any hints/tips for this one?

Yup so thanxs guys. x) Trying again tomorrow.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)