• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

curious: how does B Commerce at Macquarie fair? (1 Viewer)

illmatic

NaS
HSC
the other thread regarding the same issue doesnt really clear anything up for me to be honest. ANd i cant stand this bullshit talk about Usyd and UNSW. I mean, come on, they arent the only 2 unis offering the commerce degree.

which is why i want to know, how does Commerce at Mac fair against, lets say, the big 2 uni's, and UTS etc... Is it a good degree? Should i be bracing myself for life on the streets because i cant find a job with it?

ace

is retired
HSC
A degree is a degree. If you want to do commerce and you can only enter into Macquarie with your results then go Macquarie.

illmatic said:
ANd i cant stand this bullshit talk about Usyd and UNSW. I mean, come on, they arent the only 2 unis offering the commerce degree.

which is why i want to know, how does Commerce at Mac fair against, lets say, the big 2 uni's, and UTS etc
You can't stand the bullshit about USYD and UNSW yet you want a comparison against USYD/UNSW/UTS, etc.

No one can really have an open comparison unless they have participated in both universities and therefore been able to come to an open conclusion. So don't ask for uni-cross comparisons, cause all you'll get is a Uni A vs Uni B war.

illmatic said:
Is it a good degree?
What is there to say its a bad degree? Nothing wrong with macquarie, if your marks are enough to go to macquarie then go (same principle applies to other uni's, if your marks are high enough for usyd/unsw then choose whatever).

The university you choose is basically a mixture of personal perference and the marks you have (in order to score a spot). We hear alot more about usyd/unsw since they are popular and there entry requirements are quite rigour. Just because there entry requirements are rigour that doesn't go to downplay other universities.

illmatic said:
Should i be bracing myself for life on the streets because i cant find a job with it?
Its not the degree that makes the opportunity. It is the person that makes the opportunity. View this in the context of, if you have good marks, then university irregardless you should be able to find a job. If you have crap marks (like bare passes) and even if you from one of the more popular/city universities, it ain't going to help you one bit in a job interview. You can't expect to rest on your laurels of gaining entry into a uni, you have to make sure you do your best in uni in order to rest on that merit.

Illmatic, I wish you luck in your decisions. Pick the best of the options of what you can possibly get into. Also remember marks mean more than the university itself (even if it is nice to be in a popular/city university)

(As you'll notice, I didn't favour my own Uni, (see signature). These days im staying University neutral. Lighting the fire to uni spam wars isn't as fun as it used to be)

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
nothin wrong with bcomm at mq

i do it and i have a part time job in the industry... =]

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I heard B Comm at Mac was supposedly superior to the other unis, but the UAI requirement is low because people would rather attend a prestigious uni.

pete_mate

HSC
:: ck :: said:
nothin wrong with bcomm at mq

i do it and i have a part time job in the industry... =]
that's cos your doing actuarial
you have to compare each major. for actuarial studies, MAQ kicks ass, for everything else i dont reckon it's as good, mainly cos i havent heard anything about it.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Actuarial is known to kick ass at Club Mac :p

But yeh, I think it might be harder to find a job later on with a Mac degree (totally unfounded comment here- purely speculative)... unless you already have a cadetship or something. I know quite a few people who are at Mac with a cadetship.

phrred

HSC
UAI cut off is all bullshit if only people believed it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)