Currently in Bachelor of Arts.. wanting to transfer to commerce in 2017 (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
So i am gonna do bachelor of arts and i want to transfer to bachelor of commerce.
From the compulsary first year commerce subjects i am only allowed to do microeconomics 1102 or some thing.
I gotta choose 4 subjects which means i need to do 3 art subjects and im possibly thinking of doing criminology and asian studies cos theyre the only interesting ones available from the bachelor of arts and it seems kinda easy.
Will i be behind if im able to transfer in to commerce next Year?
Can someone please give me any scenarios...
I can do marketing (mark 1012) but thats from the flexible subjects you choose in semester 2 (for people who do commerce in semester 2 you can choose marketing)
But if i dont major in marketing if i do commerce its a waste?
Could someone help me what to do...
Should i just do 3 art subjects and 1 commerce subject then?

leehuan

HSC
Big deal. Right now you're forced into your arts degree so just pick the ECON subject as your free elective to set you up. Then IPT when necessary.

The idea of transferring is that you were bound to be delayed by one semester because you didn't exactly make the required ATAR cutoff. But one semester is not detrimental to your life.

HSC
N/A
Big deal. Right now you're forced into your arts degree so just pick the ECON subject as your free elective to set you up. Then IPT when necessary.

The idea of transferring is that you were bound to be delayed by one semester because you didn't exactly make the required ATAR cutoff. But one semester is not detrimental to your life.
Since im doing 3 art subject + 1 econ subject
You know how in commere 2nd year you gotta do 2 gen ed subjects?
Can i transfer the credits from first year 2 art subjects and transfer those credits??
So instead of doing gen ed in 2nd year i do first year commerce subjects
If that makes sense?

leehuan

HSC
I never knew you had to do them in 2nd year.

But yeah. Put it this way, pretend you reset yourself. You're back in 1st year. Only difference is that you have ECON1102 already so you're one UoC ahead.

Unless you want to fast-track and do summer courses

You have to contact UNSW directly to know if different subjects can be used to transfer UoC. Yes I do know what general education subjects you mean (I checked on the handbook just now) but if the arts subjects aren't those gen ed ones, I personally doubt it.

HSC
N/A
I never knew you had to do them in 2nd year.

But yeah. Put it this way, pretend you reset yourself. You're back in 1st year. Only difference is that you have ECON1102 already so you're one UoC ahead.

Unless you want to fast-track and do summer courses

You have to contact UNSW directly to know if different subjects can be used to transfer UoC. Yes I do know what general education subjects you mean (I checked on the handbook just now) but if the arts subjects aren't those gen ed ones, I personally doubt it.
most of the art subjects are recognised as gen ed
so i can transfer those credits and wont have to do gen ed later on if i do it this year and transfer and ill have to do acct eco stats and management the year i was meant to do gen ed
do u get it

Renko

HSC
Unless you're planning to double major you probably can count all of your first year arts subjects as free electives in commerce if you transfer. Otherwise seeing that you'd like your first year subjects to count, I'd suggest enrolling into an arts course and three of the compulsory commerce courses (you can't do ACCT1501 in 1st semester, but there's not restriction for you to enrol in the others).

Also you should brush up on your english

HSC
N/A
Unless you're planning to double major you probably can count all of your first year arts subjects as free electives in commerce if you transfer. Otherwise seeing that you'd like your first year subjects to count, I'd suggest enrolling into an arts course and three of the compulsory commerce courses (you can't do ACCT1501 in 1st semester, but there's not restriction for you to enrol in the others).

Also you should brush up on your english
thats what i was thinking
Do you do 2 art subjects for electives 2nd year and another 2 art subjects in the 4th year?
also
i can only do economics 1101 from the compuslary commerce courses

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)