curtin uni - casper test (2 Viewers)

nsw..wollongong

😍😍
HSC
apparently curtin has an additional test for bach of medicine/surgery (including ucat requirement) called the casper test, does anyone know what it is? the problem is that idk if its worth doing bc the test times they have available are literally during my school days or the sunday of the first week of hsc. opinions? (due date for application is so soon so id appreciate quick replies thank youuuuu)

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
@jimmysmith560 pls tell me u know something 😭🙏
I have heard of it before. The Casper test is essentially an online situational judgment test (administered by Acuity Insights) that focuses on determining behavioural tendencies by examining your (and other applicants pursuing people-centered professions) responses to challenging situations, and the reasons behind your responses. The fact that it is relevant to people-centered professions means that it extends beyond medicine. For example, you will find that, in addition to CU listing it as a requirement for its MBBS program, Monash also lists it as a requirement for its Bachelor of Education (Honours) and its Master of Teaching.

In deciding whether you should sit the Casper test, you may wish to consider your course and university preferences. Is medicine your dream field? If so, is CU the university where you would like to study medicine the most? Of course, some students (especially those who hope to study medicine) may disregard the specific university as long as they receive an offer to study medicine. However, with CU being in a different state, I would assume that you would prefer studying medicine at a NSW university instead of having to travel, even if the admission criteria for NSW universities are potentially more rigorous than universities in other states.

Additionally, you could consider your chances of receiving an offer from CU compared to your other preferences. While this may not provide a guarantee (as opposed to other degrees, where achieving a sufficiently high ATAR guarantees an offer), it could potentially serve as an indication and assist you in making a more informed decision.

I hope this helps! :D

nsw..wollongong

😍😍
HSC
some students (especially those who hope to study medicine) may disregard the specific university as long as they receive an offer to study medicine. However, with CU being in a different state, I would assume that you would prefer studying medicine at a NSW university instead of having to travel, even if the admission criteria for NSW universities are potentially more rigorous than universities in other states.
honestly I'm willing to travel interstate if it comes to it, i don't think ill get into med in NSW bc i got sick during the ucat and consequently got a bad mark. do u know how much emphasis is placed on the casper test in comparison to atar, interview and ucat score for this uni for med?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
honestly I'm willing to travel interstate if it comes to it, i don't think ill get into med in NSW bc i got sick during the ucat and consequently got a bad mark. do u know how much emphasis is placed on the casper test in comparison to atar, interview and ucat score for this uni for med?
To be contacted for an interview, CU weighs its selection criteria as follows:
  • ATAR - 35%
  • Casper test - 35%
  • UCAT - 30%
Following the interview, the selection criteria and their weightings become as follows:
  • ATAR - 40%
  • UCAT - 20%
  • Interview - 40%

nsw..wollongong

😍😍
HSC
To be contacted for an interview, CU weighs its selection criteria as follows:
  • ATAR - 35%
  • Casper test - 35%
  • UCAT - 30%
Following the interview, the selection criteria and their weightings become as follows:
  • ATAR - 40%
  • UCAT - 20%
  • Interview - 40%
omg 😭 in ur honest opinion, with my crap ucat score, is it even worth it applying?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
omg 😭 in ur honest opinion, with my crap ucat score, is it even worth it applying?
bc u have to pay and everything, and the test is arnd 2 hrs
I think that taking the risk and applying would be better than not applying at all, even if it is not guaranteed. You would at least know that you did your best, instead of having to wonder what the outcome would have been had you applied, and potentially regretting not applying.

With that being said, it is also important that you have a backup plan in the event that you end up not receiving any offer for medicine.

nsw..wollongong

😍😍
HSC
I think that taking the risk and applying would be better than not applying at all, even if it is not guaranteed. You would at least know that you did your best, instead of having to wonder what the outcome would have been had you applied, and potentially regretting not applying.

With that being said, it is also important that you have a backup plan in the event that you end up not receiving any offer for medicine.
sounds great, tysm!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)