• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Cut-offs for 2006 (1 Viewer)

Tao~te

HSC
hey just wonderin, since the uai cutoffs rose by 5 from the yr b4 to last yr(for like psych and commerce...) just wonderin wat u guys think whether this yr it would go up again? i hope it doesnt since it rose dramatically from last yr........

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
There are posts around which contain my thoughts on this however here goes:

We can't eactly predict what the cut-off will be however we can make some educated guesses:

The rise in the cut-off is driven primarily by demand for the BA (especially the IR aspect). This source of popularity remains however the surges have now made the cut-off on par/above the sydney unis. I would thus suggest that an equilibirum of sorts is somewhere around the current cut-off because the ANUs attraction as a low-UAI sandstone uni has been significantly eroded.

The University of Canberra has completed more of its restructuring so it can be expected to absorb more of the local students further reducing demand for ANU places. In fact I would expect UC cut-offs to raise by a couple of points.

Furthermore the BOS-o-meter of interest in the ANU is significantly lower than this time last year which would indicate a lower general level of interest in moving to canberra.

So overall my prediction is for the cut-off to be between 83 and 86 (inclusive). However this is by no means definitive last year was a big suprise - this year may be the same. Fortunately the ANU publishes cut-offs some time before most other unis (eg before the main round) so you'll have abit of advance warning.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)