• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

CVs/resumes (1 Viewer)

Scanorama

HSC
Another question, I rang up a store today to ask about job positions. They told me to hand in a resume to them and when there is any job comes up, they will contact me. When they say resume, do they mean the whole folder which includes all the documents or just the first 2 pages about myself? Thanks in advance :)

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
i think its just the two papers. but how are u gonna give it to them? if its over the intertet u need a cover letter aswell. other wise i think u just hand it in , maybe in a plastic slip

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
a cv is the same as a resume. it is more professional to say 'cv' as this is what they are called now

shArkEe

ya cv same sa resume, do you need cover letter when you apply ova net? cause i neva hand in cover letter when i apply over the net.........maybe thats why i keep geeting turned down or no replies. lolz

choco

love the mini xxl!
HSC
over the net it is better to have a covering letter ...so they just don't think that your a spammer...it also serves as a good , to the point introduction about yourself and your skills etc..

shArkEe

yeah dats true, but i dont know how to write a cover letta haha, but im not really too serious about finding a job so its not that much of a deal to me

choco

love the mini xxl!
HSC
you can look up sites on the net that tell you basically how to write one..

shArkEe

yeah i tried dat, but the ones on the site, look so dodge, make it sound like im making it upz, i mean if i read it and it sounds dodgy wat are the companies gonna think ?

choco

love the mini xxl!
HSC
they just give you an idea of what it could look like...just write one yourself that you think sounds ok....
ask your parents to help or someone who has a job...etc..

Scanorama

HSC
SashatheMan said:
i think its just the two papers. but how are u gonna give it to them? if its over the intertet u need a cover letter aswell. other wise i think u just hand it in , maybe in a plastic slip
I will hand the resume to them tomorrow in person, do I need a letter or something like that? Thanks :)

Last edited:

elisabeth

HSC
I think it's mostly a different terms for the same thing.

In England, we call them CVs.

Here, most people seemed to call them resumes. In fact, some people didn't even understand when I spoke abput my 'CV'.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
There is a difference - a Resume is just a basic listing of experiences and credentials. A Curriculum Vitae goes into far more detail regarding academic qualifications - and usually only applies when you're applying for Professional positions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)