Cycling (1 Viewer)

RiCe_GrOwEr

Designated Hitter
HSC
N/A
Yeah me..............big fan of any Oakley sponsored Cyclist...........

Nah..........I really only follow the sport when the Tour de France is on...........otehr then that, I just watch Toyota World Sports to keep me updated!

Interesting to see if Lance can do it again this year...........f**k he's a freak!

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
nah i dont follow cyling.... but people who cycle have nice butts man!! MuaHUA

:p :D

Bimbo

Southern Girl
Originally posted by RiCe_GrOwEr
Yeah me..............big fan of any Oakley sponsored Cyclist...........

Nah..........I really only follow the sport when the Tour de France is on...........otehr then that, I just watch Toyota World Sports to keep me updated!

Interesting to see if Lance can do it again this year...........f**k he's a freak!
You like Stuey O'Grady? He's sponsored by Oakley...i follow most of the Spring Classics, the World Cup events and the three big races- Tour de France, Giro d'Italia and Vuelta a Espana.

lol Lance is a freak...i think he'll do it again this year, because even is Jan Ullrich does return this year, don't think he'll have th form needed to beat Lance.

RiCe_GrOwEr

Designated Hitter
HSC
N/A
Yeah thats y I like O'Grady, McEwen and Lance, cos their all Oakley athletes..........

Didnt Ulrich get caught taking drugs?

Loved that moment, dont remember what year, but when Ulrich went off the road into the bush, and Lance waited for him, everyone was thinking Lance wat a true champion..........then Lacne took off again...............ahhhh wat a legend!

Bimbo

Southern Girl
yep he did...he got suspended by the UCI, but now he's back with a new team-Coast. But they're having probs at the moment...

I think that was in '01. What a champ Lance is hey, not many others would have done what he did!

I know a lot of the Aus. cyclists and got heaps of signed jerseys and stuff- got one of Lance's too, from '00 Tour. Haven't got any of Robbie's, but i have one of Stuey's jerseys from last year...they're all framed and on my wall!

Only two months to go till Le Tour '03...

RiCe_GrOwEr

Designated Hitter
HSC
N/A
I see you love ur cycling!

One of my mates is loves his cycling too...........he's a massive Lance fan...got the US Postal outfit, even with the little flipped out bill hat......

I see Robbie got pipped this morning by Cipo.........

Bimbo

Southern Girl
sure do...my dad's cousin is a pro, and my father used to ride back in the states, so i suppose they passed it on to me...

Damn...stage 8 AND stage 9 Cipo beat Mac--Cipo's just gotten his second consecutive win, and Mac camde 2nd both times...

Hey did you hear that Cipo's team have been left out of the tour??? They didn't get a wildcard entry...

RiCe_GrOwEr

Designated Hitter
HSC
N/A
yeah it cos Cipos team didnt pay their riders their salary...........or something like that........

Bimbo

Southern Girl
Mac won stage 11..Cipo crashed out :D but still ended up finishing.

Cipo doesn't deserve to be in the Tour when he's never finished one! There's one last team to be selected, hope it goes to Coast because Ullrich deserves a chance to compete. All Domina Vacanze have is Cipo and he'll drop out as soon as the mountains stages start.

Fiona

I don't really follow cycling much... but am quite obsessed with the sport itself!

can't seem to go past a bike shop without wandering around and drooling over the bikes... mmm... bikes...

How often & how far do you guys usually ride?

Bimbo

Southern Girl
what kind of bike do you have?? I've got a Giant TCR Carbon Team, 03 model road bike....I want to get a Lapierre though, they've just been launched here and the Lapierre Superlight looks really good. I haven't been riding much lately, ankle problems, but when i'm fit i usually ride 4 mornings a week, about 2.5km each time. So not very much, but i love it.

Fiona

Holy crap, I'm drooling at the thought of your bike... Very jealous, let's just put it that way :)

I have two hybrids... One Apollo Cross Trainer (got it in... 99 or 00 or something, but it was stolen... then found by the police at a Cash Converters) and the other is an Avanti which I bought after my old bike was stolen... and then the other one turned up so I have two :)

I don't get to ride as much as I would like... Don't have the energy or lack of lazyness to ride before school, so I usually ride about 30-50km one of the days of the weekend... but bloody schoolwork tends to prevent that sometimes, unfortunately!

Still drooling at the thought of your bike :)

Bimbo

Southern Girl
ha i'm drooling at the amount of km's u ride! I'd love to be able to get out more often...i did a big ride a few weekends ago, 45 km, but the other week i had some minor surgery on my ankle so i'm taking things easy for a while.
Bad luck about your bike being stolen! lucky the police found it, you lucky thing, two bikes! I'm still deciding what Lapierre i want most- the Superlight or the Brad McGee dura-ace model...i'll probably sell my Giant in the next few months.

speed_bump

invalid
hey all,

i have a giant road bike im selling at da moment for $800,
its in pretty good cond., shamano 105 gearing and brakes, and cabon frame. Im also selling a custom built track bike with alumium frame and shimal rims for $375.
anyways msg me if anyones interested and wants more details.........

Fiona

Man I wish I could afford a bike like that!

How much are you selling your Giant for? :)

Yeah my stolen bike... the police were hopeless, but a friend of mine, her dad is a cop so he kept bugging the people who were meant to be doing something about it, and ended up finding it for me :) aww :)

Fiona

Oh... Wait you're both selling Giants :)

So my above question was directed at Bimbo!

speed_bump, how old is it?

Bimbo

Southern Girl
i haven't decided yet, my father might keep it for himself as he is due for a new bike and mine is less than six months old. If i do end up selling it, it'll probably be through a dealer. I'm not sure how much to put on it though. How long have u been riding for?

Fiona

6 months old... wow, I woulnd't be selling it for the world! But I guess if you have the chance to upgrade... why not :)

I've been riding for... er... 5-6 years :) You?

Where do you normally ride?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)