Dallas Gibson of Icarus College BANKRUPT? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fermium

HSC
N/A
Dallas Gibson epitomises the word 'con-artist.' His S2 notes were completely useless, and his S1 notes were 95% useless (did anyone else have those massive articles where you had to identify spelling mistakes?!?). His S3 might have been useful, if he didn't he barred me from using it A MONTH BEFORE THE EXAM. The only thing the fk'er does is bag redheads and blab on about the interview (my favourite being 'there is a 1cm by 1cm window on the interviewer's face, if your eyes should look slightly outside that window you might as well leave'). He also bagged an asian girl for having slit-like eyes. Then of course, there are those stupid pace-reading exercises where you had to write random words down... HOW THE HELL DO THEY HELP?

Hey Marinarababy, I know you are reading this. I know you are affiliated with Icarus. If you aren't the bastard himself, why don't you pass along this message?

PS: I did Dallas in 04 and got 130 raw. I did it again in 05 with no study except those acer books and got 50 points higher.

Last edited:

Marinababy

HSC
N/A
PS: I did Dallas in 04 and got 130 raw. I did it again in 05 with no study except those acer books and got 50 points higher.[/quote]

Well with some it takes a long time to sink in - aha
You shoud have used some decent materials like I did in 2007
http://www.medical-entrance.edu.au/M...tions_2008.pdf
and had to repeat this year going with the legend who is a bit full on
and only interested in results - results talk and bullshit walks

M

fermium

HSC
N/A
Marinababy said:
fermium said:
PS: I did Dallas in 04 and got 130 raw. I did it again in 05 with no study except those acer books and got 50 points higher.

M
Ok, assuming you are not the tool himself....

1) So you did Dallas in 07 and failed to get in, and you're doing it again this year, and you're supporting him?!?!

2) According to you, Dallas' notes in 04 are not 'decent material.'

3) What's the deal with the link to medentry? I have not done their course and frankly I dont really care if they plagiarised anything as it doesnt affect me. Don't see how it fits in your argument here.

Last edited:

sci.girl

VCE IS DONE!!:D (finally)
HSC
Marinababy said:

M
I never understand what marinababy says.
"results talk and bullshit walks"?? What? This had got to be the worst advertising campaign I have ever seen. Honestly, you could do better things with your time-promise.

fermium

HSC
N/A
sci.girl said:
I never understand what marinababy says.
"results talk and bullshit walks"?? What? This had got to be the worst advertising campaign I have ever seen. Honestly, you could do better things with your time-promise.
I love the circular reasoning behind marinababy's arguments: "Dallas is so great cos there are links on HIS website that says so." "Medentry are fakes cos theres files on dallas' website that says so." "Dallas is endorsed by doctors cos theres endorsements on his site that says so."

I suppose thats less harmful than claiming that the Vanuatu medical school will produce graudates that are eligible for the AMC exam. Thats just blasphemous.

Dallas is just a bankrupt businessmen who is prying on the vulnerability of others in order to make a buck. He is an arrogant bastard who knows nothing about education and nothing about the UMAT.

Back in 04, I phoned Dallas up as I registered for one of his courses but couldn't come, and asked if I could come to the next one in two months time. He asked me why I couldn't come and I told him it was personal. He actually said to me (and I quote): "No you tell me why you can't come. Are you going to bash your sister's head in with a hammer or something?" My sister was 2yo back then, and I was absolutely horrified that a 'professional' could say something like that.

Then the prep material itself... I figured I had a good grasp of the UMAT by doing his stuff. Then I went into the exam and it was COMPLETELY different. It was as if I had studied French and the exam was in Arabic.

Stay away.

Marinababy

HSC
N/A
Fermium Little Bit Slow - No Very Slow

fermium said:
Ok, assuming you are not the tool himself....

1) So you did Dallas in 07 and failed to get in, and you're doing it again this year, and you're supporting him?!?!

NO I DIDN'T - "VERY SLOW"

THIS IS WHAT I DID IN 2007
CHECK THE LINK FOR THE DECENT MATERIALS I USED IN 2007 ?

and had to repeat this year going with the legend

Haven't you read the SOMEL files yet? I'll bet you aren't in med!

M

Sound&Fury

Éminence grise
HSC
Marinababy said:
NO I DIDN'T - "VERY SLOW"

THIS IS WHAT I DID IN 2007
CHECK THE LINK FOR THE DECENT MATERIALS I USED IN 2007 ?

and had to repeat this year going with the legend

Haven't you read the SOMEL files yet? I'll bet you aren't in med!
I'll bet YOU aren't in Med.

And instead of deriding him, maybe you should express yourself more clearly instead? Your grasp of the English language is so pathetic that I'm surprised you actually did well in the UMAT - oh wait, you've never actually sat the exam, have you?

And can you please stop posting that link to the 'plagarised' MedEntry questions? You know very well that the courts owned you hard on the matter.

Marinababy

HSC
N/A
Ann boyapati and missed entry rip off hundreds of copyrighted questions

Sound&Fury said:
I'll bet YOU aren't in Med.

And can you please stop posting that link to the 'plagarised' MedEntry questions? You know very well that the courts owned you hard on the matter.
You cant follow a post - I did the missed entry thing last year and umat with icarus this year - and found out about the somel files after the boyapatis ripped me off - I wasnt in a court matter - are you ann boyapati and on some illegal substance - haven't you read the somel files going around which shows the sources where ann boyapati ripped off hundreds of questions from all over the internet and even commonwealth government websites - Ill try to find the link to them - she is supposed to be a med student - they might change the hippocratic oath to the hippocritic oath especially for her - muahahahaha

Sound&Fury

Éminence grise
HSC
Re: Ann boyapati and missed entry rip off hundreds of copyrighted questions

Marinababy said:
You cant follow a post - I did the missed entry thing last year and umat with icarus this year - and found out about the somel files after the boyapatis ripped me off
I can't follow a post? Stfu you tard, you're the one who can't remember what you've written, and yet you have the nerve to say that?

Marinababy said:
I wasnt in a court matter
You're either Dallas or an amoral acolyte of his. I think the former is more likely, since your (rudimentary) style of expression is similar to what Dallas uses on his websites.

Marinababy said:
are you ann boyapati and on some illegal substance
Haha, that's the most retardedly hypocritical thing I've heard in a while...

And no, I'm not related to MedEntry. I just want to annoy you for kicks. Con-artists deserve nothing less.

Marinababy said:
haven't you read the somel files going around which shows the sources where ann boyapati ripped off hundreds of questions from all over the internet and even commonwealth government websites - Ill try to find the link to them
And I'll try to find this 'Mr Van Tran' that sold you the plagiarised MedEntry questions. If he isn't some bullshit that you concocted in court, that is.

And thanks for ignoring what I said in my last post. I'm sure you know that as long as one puts skill and effort into creating a new piece of work, it's perfectly legal for individuals to appropriate small bits of copyrighted work. Which is quite unlike what you did: buying whole sets of MedEntry questions, then uploading them directly onto the Icarus server for students to use, doesn't show any effort on your part.

Marinababy said:
she is supposed to be a med student - they might change the hippocratic oath to the hippocritic oath especially for her - muahahahaha
Not funny.

Last edited:

bradpitt

HSC
Boys why are we discussing this Dallas Gibson guy here.Who cares if he is bankrupt or what ever.We are not here to support a course or so.In my opinion Medentry is good in sec's 1 and 2 but Sec 3 they are not that great.NIE is good in sec 3. DG is good at interview preparation and his sec 3 is not bad as well.Lets stay focused on the Ball fellas.

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
Briefly, Dallas Gibson was found guilty this year of plagiarism in 2004, and ordered to pay almost $½m in court costs. So I suspect he is indeed now bankrupt.

This article from The Australian of 7 January 2009 provides a summary of the outcome of the case.

In about 2000 or 2001 I was invited to provide a testimonial that Dallas Gibson could use on his Icarus College website (for the preparation of which, together with a short biography, I was paid a nominal fee.) As an educationalist I thought the idea of being able to take pseudo-UMAT tests in advance of the real thing was a good idea, and was happy to say so.

Then in 2003 he approached me to see whether I would design some sample questions he could use for his mock UMAT tests. He was aiming to build up a bank of several hundred questions so that people could take his test more than once and be presented with different questions on each occasion. Again I thought this was a good idea, and I agreed to prepare a formal proposal for him.

This was not a project I felt able to take on by myself however, so with two other consultants I prepared a proposal under which the work could be performed. (There was no charge for preparation of the proposal, although several hundred dollars' worth of work was involved in producing it.) Had Dallas Gibson accepted the proposal it would have resulted in Icarus College's being able to build up a bank of questions over a period of time at a unit cost of $60/question.

Dallas Gibson's verbal response implied that he thought this was far too expensive, and that he would certainly not accept the proposal. (I hasten to add that he was perfectly justified in taking this view.)

Our proposal was dated 25 February 2004, and it is clear from the newspaper article that it must have been almost immediately after refusing the proposal that Dallas Gibson decided to steal the work of someone else instead. (And let's not be mealy-mouthed about this, plagiarism is theft -- it's what tertiary students lose their university places for.)

In the event, he now has to pay about $625 for each of the questions he stole, none of which can Icarus College use. Had he accepted our proposal he could have had his own questions, perfectly legally, for less than one-tenth of what he is now obliged to pay.

Having read of his plagiarism conviction, I twice asked him to remove my biography and testimonial from his website. I did this because I felt I could no longer afford to be associated, however tenuously, with him or with Icarus College. But he has still not removed the material, and in neither case did he bother to reply to my requests.

I told him in my second message that if had not acceded to my request by the end of February 2009 I would be obliged to take further steps to dissociate myself from him. He has not done so, and this is the only reason I am posting this.

Despite my earlier approval, I would now strongly encourage anyone considering studying with Icarus College to think again. In my view, whatever its raison d'être or quality of its technical material, it is operated unethically, unprofessionally, and dishonestly.

Mike

Edited to add -- Further to this, I note that the people from whom Dallas Gibson plagiarised have really got stuck into him on their website here.

On that page are given links to various costs and other Orders, including a Bankruptcy Order dated 27 March 2008.

The website authors are (understandably) angry, but have made what I would consider to be some unsubstantiated claims -- "He does NOT have sponsorships or permission to use the logos of the companies he displays on his websites... His 'Testimonials' are fictitious, unauthorised and/or 'spiced up'." Possibly, but the authors present no evidence in support of those claims.

just curious, but who r u? sounds awfully sus coming from some1 with only 1 post and who joined this month.

Mike Field

HSC
N/A
just curious, but who r u? sounds awfully sus coming from some1 with only 1 post and who joined this month.
This is my second post, and could well be my last. I deleted the first one as my request has now been complied with, and I thought it therefore no longer appropriate to leave it up.

If you were to be polite enough to therefore delete my text from your post I could be persuaded to tell you more about myself.

Otherwise, sus away my friend. And good luck with your studies, whatever they may be.

Last edited:

bradpitt

HSC
Fellas could we cut this crap on Dallas Gibson and move on. Its useless and pointless.

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
Um... when?

I don't think you should be doing med. People want doctors they can trust. Perhaps you should try law?
actually we do learn about law here at monash fyi.
one of the skills we are taught is to think critically so they we dont sucked in by the crap that some pharmaceutical companies provide with regard to their product.

for all we know, u could be working for one of the other med prep courses. what other can evidence can u provide apart from ur own words none of which have been substantiated?
i am neither for nor against any of the prep course providers as it doesnt concern me anymore.
i just do not like ppl providing misinformation to potential students of these prep courses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)