• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Damn it! Deleted AUSDVD!! (1 Viewer)

Abtari

HSC
Hey guys, Im not very good with computers so I need your help.

I used to be able to play DVDs on my laptop but recently it stopped working. I can't even use Windows Media PLayer to play them. I think it must have been because I accidently deleted AUSDVD program permanently from my computer.

Do you guys know what I should do? Will reinstalling the AUSDVD program fix everything? If so, how can I get the program? Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks heaps!!!

scruffy012

HSC
going off since you uninstalled the ausdvd then reinstallation should work, if it came with your computer or dvd drive and has a cd key, make sure you fully uninstall it, (cuz some programmes dont delete the registries, but dont touch that unless u know what yr doing or ull do even more damage), so yeah try and reinstall it and if ya got XP, and have restore points turned on, just restore your computer to a date before you uninstalled the programme, ( i did the restore thing when i accidentally uninstalled my sound driver, now it works fine) and everything should be alright....................... i hope

good luck and if ya fish around the regedit dont catch ya computer (ie kill it)

scruffy

Abtari

HSC
powerDVD??

Thanks guys. umm... I think I uninstalled it completely from my computer. I have Windows 2000.

Can I install a different DVD program on my computer like POWERDVD? Will that make my computer play DVDs?

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
Should do, not sure if it's free or not though, came pre-installed on my system.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)