• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Darn thieves at it again (1 Viewer)

Good_riceZ

Go the Rabbitohs!
HSC
Oh lord they stole my poor poor bag. And this was the last day before my break starts :(

I left me library table for 5mins to borrow a book from reserve, and wham I get back and its gooone. Tards around me were all 'sleeping'. Oh lord.

If anyone sees a light blue and grey bag, i think caribee bag, floating around somewhere, its me bag. Its even torn like in 5 places.

I want my econ textbook back tis all, I just bought it, and now the bookshop is closed. At least im luckier than some poor sod who got their laptop stolen
:(

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
Thats fucking ridiculous. Don't they have cameras in the library? Did you see the librarians?

Kegs

HSC
Man, that is rough. Did someone have their laptop stolen today? I'll keep my eyes out for your bag.

Good_riceZ

Go the Rabbitohs!
HSC
I was told by the info desk to see the reference desk, and basically filled out a form for administrative purposes, ie items lost etc. They didnt say if they got anything on the cameras. If anyone heard 'There are thieves in the library, watch your personal items' about 4pm today then that was cause of me :mad1:
But yeah they said theyll get back to me if any footage is caught at the exit/entry thing. Not hoping for anything. Yeah it was a couple of thefts today, a little discussion when I was filling out the form, hence me knowing a laptop was stolen.

Not much they can do though, but I'm sure as hell gonna be watching for dirty thieves everytime Im in the library. Cheers for the help Kegs :)

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
Good_riceZ said:
I was told by the info desk to see the reference desk, and basically filled out a form for administrative purposes, ie items lost etc. They didnt say if they got anything on the cameras. If anyone heard 'There are thieves in the library, watch your personal items' about 4pm today then that was cause of me :mad1:
But yeah they said theyll get back to me if any footage is caught at the exit/entry thing. Not hoping for anything. Yeah it was a couple of thefts today, a little discussion when I was filling out the form, hence me knowing a laptop was stolen.

Not much they can do though, but I'm sure as hell gonna be watching for dirty thieves everytime Im in the library. Cheers for the help Kegs :)
I heard the announcements, 2 of them. :(

prusso

HSC
redruM said:
Thats fucking ridiculous. Don't they have cameras in the library? Did you see the librarians?
cameras lol, half the cameras in the uni are fake anyways and security dont get paid to man the cameras anyways so bl

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
wtf? i can understand stealing laptops but why steal a bag? sheesh... thats pretty low...

bubbly

HSC
Good_riceZ said:
Oh lord they stole my poor poor bag. And this was the last day before my break starts :(

I left me library table for 5mins to borrow a book from reserve, and wham I get back and its gooone. Tards around me were all 'sleeping'. Oh lord.

If anyone sees a light blue and grey bag, i think caribee bag, floating around somewhere, its me bag. Its even torn like in 5 places.

I want my econ textbook back tis all, I just bought it, and now the bookshop is closed. At least im luckier than some poor sod who got their laptop stolen
:(
That really sucks havin ur bag stolen.:(

I had mine bag stolen but i managed 2 get all of my books back, not my personal belongings though.

I got my books back bcoz they got dumped sumwhere & they got returned 2 the skool.

Kegs

HSC
Sweet_Lemon said:
hmm...never ever leave bags on da library tables.
Good luck finding your bag.
I think that is something we all realise. At least I hope it is...

*hopeful*

HSC
shit that sux! they really should get real cameras in every corner of our ugly library

lcf

man. nature. technology.
HSC
this is the reason i invested in a security cable for my laptop + it has a motion activated alarm built in - macquareans seem pretty nice, but there the odd few who ruin it for the rest of us - good luck on getting your belongings back!

marchetta

shut up and do me
HSC
Good_riceZ said:
If anyone heard 'There are thieves in the library, watch your personal items' about 4pm today then that was cause of me :mad1:

Yeah, i heard that around 2pm. I had a feeling somebody's stuff got stolen when i heard that!

Last edited:

Tabris

HSC
WHat textbook, if u cannot get your book back i can lend u mines for the semester,

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
omg thats terrible! sorry to hear
i hope you get your bag back

i swear people these days :(

lcf

man. nature. technology.
HSC
even though the laptop user may have been careless in leaving their technology unattended, it demonstrates how the security in the library, despite all these cameras etc are practically useless.

/end rant

James87

Club Mac - 1st Year 2006!
HSC
Whilst im a Macquarie student, and I am biased in thinking or maybe hoping everyone is decent enough to leave others stuff alone, this sucks! I guess there is also the fact that any body can stroll into the library, Macquarie student, non-Macquarie student or jail-breaker.

Good_riceZ

Go the Rabbitohs!
HSC
Tabris you are such a mate and we dont even know each other :p

Nah its ok I dont need it (im a lazy bludger), even if i do ill probably borrow it from the reserve/lib whenever i want to have a skim. Though jugdgin by the 40% exam I just crash and burned in, that book wont have much input for the rest of the semester anyway:(

Its a sign from somewhere when you do badly for an exam, and then moments later that units textbook gets stolen! they didnt take my busl301 notes that was on the table :confused:

*hopeful*

HSC
^ maybe they wont doing busl301 ?

textbook thieves are the lowest scum, dont worry good ricez what goes around comes around so i hope they get their textbooks taxed just before exams or sumthing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)