data org lab times... (1 Viewer)

Capulet

UNSW rulz!
can any1 tell me how long the labs are for data org ? comp 2011.... im enroling and all they have is 1 hour tutorial... i been told there are actual labs but i cant see it during enrolement and no1 knows how long... so yeah i need to shift the classes around = / thanks guys :)

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
There were labs for dorg?
..as you can tell i've erased it from memory *scratches head* but I don't think there WERE labs, just a 1hr tute.

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
In your own time, on the uni computers or on your own computer..

Essentially dorg is more of a theoretical subject, but the lecturers include practical exercises and assignments to help you learn how to actually use certain data structures. It helps to have a good grasp of C and/or Java before doing the course.

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC

underthesun

N1NJ4
HSC
haa, learn JAVA on your own?

I'm glad we get to use C (after much bondage and discipline using it in 1721), but how much C are we going to use compared to java?

This is great, looks like we'll be booking the labs more regularly ;)

underthesun

N1NJ4
HSC
true

especially since some people did normal DO's last assignment (from 2004) in just under 3 hours, it makes me wonder whether one should really do HDO..

edit : it's the maze thing (someone sent me the problem and the link)

Capulet

UNSW rulz!
ok cool... i dont have to rearrange time table....

what am i expecting from lower data org? assignments assignments? also how many % of C? i forgot most of it by now...

cyrax83

discrete is killing me :(
HSC
in a competely unrelated topic, has anyone been able to enrol in seng 2010 yet ?

ace

is retired
HSC
wogboy said:
The problem with enrolling in SENG2010, is that myUNSW is still set on the old co-requisties of SENG2010+INFS2603+COMP2110.

This is supposed to be changed as of, well quite some time ago, but the administration people are being FU%K!NG SLACK and taking there time at it.

The new co-requisties should be SENG2010+INFS2603+COMP2111.

So at this time, you can enrol in INFS2603, COMP2111.

Since this is an isolated incident, and only affects SENGERS enrolling into Year 2, Semester 1, this should not be too much of a problem, since were not losing lab times or things such as that, just wait it out, and SPAM KEN :D

Note: If you failed SENG1010/1020, then obviously when the new co-requisties are updated, you still won't be able to enrol.

To explain why, 1 person is enrolled in SENG2010, is that they have tried to elect to take the old STREAM of SENG, and enrolled in SENG2010+INFS2603+COMP2110, etc.

That is there choice, but considering, 1 of the courses in the old stream does not run this semester anymore (or well, has been changed from being active to STOP enrolment), they will eventually forced out of there enrolment of the old stream to the new stream.

And I know whom is enrolled in it. It's not me. But im not going to reveal there name, cause it may be seen as ostracizing them.

On a similar issue, the enrolment of SENG2020. This conflicts with COMP3710, again this is a isolated incident, and KEN e-mailed all the sengers, that this would be fixed in the new year. Well apparently, another wait it out / SPAM KEN :D case.

Note: Spam KEN :D

Capulet

UNSW rulz!
a comp course with out labs... this is going to be soooo weird > <

underthesun

N1NJ4
HSC
Does that mean we get more computer booking tokens though? I doubt anyone will manage to do work because of quake..

And speaking of quake, will it still be available? I heard the guy hosting it is graduating this year :eek:

neeja

Marco Polo meows you!
HSC
noooooooooo!!!!!!

dear god i hope there is still quake

and hurray for dorg having no labs, i love being able to have gaps in my timetable for lunch and stuff :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)