• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

David Jones (1 Viewer)

emilydavis

HSC
Just wanted to see if you guys had any advice about my current situation...

Im a casual at David jones and i have been for about 4 months... now i have heaps of stuff due for uni next week and exams coming up etc, and i wanted to take one day out of my normal 3 day a week shift off. he said 'no'.

now, im a casual, i am not obligated to work am i? it doesnt really specify anything about it in my contract.

anywhoo, i was like whatever, i can work around it. and now they are being ass holes and put me on a 6 day week next week because of our stupid mid year sale, and i NEVER work those insane hours!, they know im unavailable.

im seriously considering quitting because i just cannot deal with their sillyness at the moment. i wont even be able to go to uni to hand anything in with the hours ive been put on for. david jones is not my life! im a casual!

so, does anyone have any suggestions> are there any laws about me being able to say hell no. the only thing it says in my contract is that myself or my employer can terminate my employment for no reason, at any time. but really, i dont want to put any energy into finding a new job these holidays.

thanks in advance!!

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
as if his not gana giv u a day off or 2, fucken tell him that u got uni and u cant work, plus tell him ur a casual and ur obligated to work a 6 day/week shift....

u gotta fucken stand up for urself, wen u speak to him, talk in a loud and firm voice, and he will keep attacking you, show him your not gana take his shit.

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
did u talk to personnel?? or one of the managers? they shouldn't be giving you hours like that. tell them you can't come and if they say no just chuck a sickie or don't turn up. they just can't say 'no' to you! pfft! fags.

*Minka*

HSC
Some people have really awful English. People, I learnt English as a 5th language at age 10 and if I can spell 'your', so can you.

Rant aside, call in sick on the day or firmly state that you need time to do your studies.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
wrxsti said:
as if his not gana giv u a day off or 2, fucken tell him that u got uni and u cant work, plus tell him ur a casual and ur obligated to work a 6 day/week shift....

u gotta fucken stand up for urself, wen u speak to him, talk in a loud and firm voice, and he will keep attacking you, show him your not gana take his shit.
dude, firstly, try and speak english. secondly, there was no need for swearing at any point in this thread.

in regard to the problem, i reckon you should make a firm stance to your superior. because if he knows you're weak and easy to manipulate, he will be giving you crap shifts from now on, knowing that you will swallow your pride and take it.

in any case, i don't think a 6day week is exactly what you call a part-time.

pete_mate

HSC
thats why you need to tell them from the start that you can only work half of what you really want to work.

then they'll gradually ask you to do more shit, and then you're like fiine, then you're in the right ballpark at least.

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
*Minka* said:
Some people have really awful English. People, I learnt English as a 5th language at age 10 and if I can spell 'your', so can you.

Rant aside, call in sick on the day or firmly state that you need time to do your studies.
List the other 4 languages before English that you can speak.

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
wrxsti said:

Speak proper english next time, then perhaps people might actually bother to read your posts next time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)