Daytona USA 1- best times (1 Viewer)

HSC
What are the best times you've seen or achieved for all courses (to the nearest 0.01 if you remember), in single player mode? And please add whether the time was done in 1. Time lap mode (TA) or 2. Played using computer cars.

Cheers!

Last edited:

HSC
Just 1 reply? Here are the fastest TA (time lap mode) lap times that I've seen. There have been faster, but these are the fastest ones that I've seen with my own eyes:

Beginner: 16'14
Advanced: 41'71
Expert: 1'28''92

HSC
Is this time done on time lap mode, with computer cars, or with multiplayer? If it's time lap mode, can you point me towards which machine it was done on? :)

tempco

HSC
326 said:
Is this time done on time lap mode, with computer cars, or with multiplayer? If it's time lap mode, can you point me to which machine it was done on? :)
i'm not sure what mode - it was just with a few friends. i think there were comp cars. upstairs, the one on the extreme left.

HSC
ive also done a 39.XX on multiplayer..
i swear, daytona has the biggest catch-up ever!!
personally, i have yet to get sub 42 on single player mode (against comp)

HSC
With handicap mode/"catch-up", low-mid 30 second times can be achieved. If you think that there's a lot of handicap/catch-up on daytona, just wait until you play Outrun 2 SP! On that game you can almost keep up with the race leader without ever touching the steering wheel.

Just in case anyone didn't know, you can turn catch-up off by getting the majority of players to hold down all 4 view buttons during the course selection screen. This trick has one downside: after about 5 laps of advanced, everyone has to take a pit-stop because the wheels have worn out-if you don't take the pit stop...the car will just slide around everywhere.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)