Deadline to drop a subject? (1 Viewer)

stellar1987

Professional Retard
HSC
Hey,

I was just wondering if anyone knows when deadline is for dropping subjects? I posted a message ages ago about dropping subject but I had trobule being able to get dropping the subject "approved". So, now that I feel I may be able to try again to apply to drop the subject, would it be too late? My school seems to be trying to tell me that I have less than a week left to drop the subject, but when I logged on to the BOS website, it says I may make corrections to entries & withdrawals before 30 June and it goes on to say that the only changes to entries allowed after June 30 is withdrawal from a course (including an extension course). I found this info in the HSC Rules & Procedures for 2005. I go to a private school and I am doing 12 units but I want to go down to 10 units because the subject I am doing is too hard and there is not much choice in good subjects at my little school, and I would love to change schools but I think it's way too late. Does it mean I can still drop this subject? Thank you very much to anyone that replies!

Peartie

HSC
My understanding is that you are able to DROP a subject anytime right up until just before the HSC...You can not however PICK up an extension course (or another one for that matter) after soonish (dont know exact date) but the school SHOULDN't be able to stop you dropping a course as long as you have required 10 units...

waddle_828

*waves*
HSC
according to my deputy principal, you can drop a course right up until the day before the exam....

stellar1987

Professional Retard
HSC
dropping down to 10 units

thanks everyone for the replies. all is okay now. i was able to drop the subject and now i am doing 10 units which is going to be a lot better for me, i know.

thanks every1
*cya* :eek:

Dil myster

HSC
thats right... you can drop whenever you like... l believe the pickup deadline is around 13 or 31 of either June or July

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)