goldmambo #5.
HSC
Olol, haha you posted same video.
Cbf editing my post.
As it deserves the double post.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
so um, the new Insomnium album, Across the Dark, which is scheduled to be released on the 7th of september, has kinda been leaked. They say its an unfinished version, but to me it looks pretty much finished.

sooooooooo disappointed.. i was gonna go buy it when it came out, i may as well buy their other 3 albums since the new one is comparitively shit.

edit: oh and new behemoth album, Evangelion, is out, will check it out tomorrow..

Last edited:

ledzeppelin

HSC
Haven't listened to new Insomnium yet, but someone said it's pretty much the same as their other stuff :(

Don't know if I've recommended it already, but if you want some A+++ melodeath, listen to the album Mirrorworlds by Eucharist

Plus, not death metal, but Buckethead is the best evarrr

HSC
new years this year.

SCREAMFEST
australia's first metal festival
2 days
$195
enmore theatre

line up tbh
mix of international and national bands.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
Haven't listened to new Insomnium yet, but someone said it's pretty much the same as their other stuff :(

Don't know if I've recommended it already, but if you want some A+++ melodeath, listen to the album Mirrorworlds by Eucharist

Plus, not death metal, but Buckethead is the best evarrr
if u dont have any insomnium albums, i strongly suggest u download Above the Weeping World, and if u have the interwebs for it, their 2 older ones as well, In the Halls of Awaiting and Since the Day it All Came Down.

ATWW is pretty much an awesome album, srsly all songs are worth listening to. Special mention to The Gale, Mortal Share, Drawn to Black, Last Statement*, In the Groves of Death*, but whenever i listen to this album i listen to every song, because they are all THAT awesome.

STDIACD wasnt that good in first listening, but second time thru i found some spectacular songs. Special mention to The Day it All Came Down, Daughter of the Moon* and Song of the Forlorn Son.

ITHOA is pretty good, most of the songs are worth listening to. Special mention to Ill Starred Son, Song of the Storm, Medeia, The Elder*, Shades of Deep Green*, In the Halls of Awaiting*.

starred songs (*) are, imo, amazingly beautiful and are MOST DEFINITELY worth a listen.

Currently my favourite song is Daughter of the Moon, my god that's such a beautiful song!!! (just listen to it, you'll understand why i use that word to describe it)
new years this year.

SCREAMFEST
australia's first metal festival
2 days
$195
enmore theatre

line up tbh
mix of international and national bands.
oh thanks for that

Last edited:

binary star

HSC
I've sorta lost interest in "metal" in general. Probably need some new stuff since the last album I got was Versus by The Haunted, which sucked.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Look at some crossover genre's to renew that spark. There's still great stuff out there.

lolokay

HSC
a velvet creation is better. mirrorworlds is still good tho

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
downloaded mirrorworlds, listening now..

also, anyone know a good place to buy band merch? I want an insomnium and behemoth tshirt and/or hoodie...

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
also, first song on new behemoth album, daimonos, is fucking awesome! love it!

first 3 songs are the good ones imo, need to listen to album more to find more songs i like, but so far i love the first 3.

edit: @binary star - they ship to oz?

beshii

HSC
Nice bands you like.

Download Annotations of an autopsy.

Haha In Flames are my fav band.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
in flames are pretty good melodic death metal, but no mdm band is any where near as awesome as Insomnium, i strongly suggest you to check them out, beshii.

Arctopus

HSC
they ship to oz?
Nuclear Blast are a pretty big label, so I think it's safe to say they ship here.

Didn't read the thread title (it's probably redundant now, eh?) so here's some hevymettles I've been listening to lately:

Altar of Plagues (Post-Black)
Amesoeurs (Post-Black / Post Punk)
Amia Venera Landscape (Post-Hardcore)
Day Without Dawn (Sludge)
Extortion (I guess we can put Powerviolence in the same sorta field as metal?)
The Faceless, you probably already know them.
Giant Squid (Sludge)
Gojira, probably know them too.
Hacride (Prog Metal / Groove)
Magrudergrind (Grindcore)
Mutyumu (Post-Rock / Metal + Neoclassical)
Textures (Groove)
Weakling (Post-Black)
Wolves in the Throne Room (Post-Black and my shirt arrived today, how wonderful)

Last edited:

beshii

HSC
Thanks mate.

I've heard of them before, but I'm downloading them now.

My friend likes them :)

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
I agree. Reise, Reise is the best album.

Insomnium are pretty good =D

Thankyou.

Any other decent bands I should download while I'm at it?
hmm, i just google searched 'bands similar to insomnium' and i found this band called Noumena.
I just downloaded their album Absence, from here, sound pretty good (i doubt anywhere near as awesome as insomnium tho, but then again what is :rolleyes: )

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
oh, and definitely check out Beyond the Sixth Seal, their latest album "The Resurrection of Everything Tough" is pretty good.
Well, i like half of the songs on that album, but they're so awesome.

Technically they're melodic death metal, but i'd say they're sort of melodic/rock n roll fusion, with the best death metal vocals ive heard!

Arctopus

HSC
Melodic rock and roll fusion... because like, you know, rock and roll and fusion music never had melodies to start with hey?! Fucking groundbreaking stuff, here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)