Decision time! (1 Viewer)

rozymisty

HSC
ok, well if its got ABS, I will keep it, but of course its subject to the finance, confirmation of warranty from Toyota (since it hadnt been serviced at 50, but its now nearly 54), RWCinspection report, safety certificate and finance approval.

I didnt get the RACQ though...should i quickly get that or not? Coz they are going to service the car for me and do the full detail, so yeah. They do a 100 point mechanical check.

rozymisty

HSC
huh? I thought ABS was meant to help you stop quicker and more safely?

rozymisty

HSC
Rang up RACQ. They said my car sounds like its a early 07 build because the ZZE122R was up till April 07. He's suprised they wont let an independent inspection be done.

Rang up the dealer, they got the car on the hoist now doing the 1st inspection, and all 4 tyres were borderline so they are replacing them which is good, and they are going to do the service and full detail etc. He's still adamant that i dont need an RACQ inspection, as they have their own independent inspecitio, where they go over it twice and fix it up.

Just going to ring them up again see what other features are in it, and if its got side airbags. And whether or not the ABS was put on as an optional feature.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
huh? I thought ABS was meant to help you stop quicker and more safely?
Don't listen to him- he's merely exaggerating a point that ABS can be inferior to proper foot control under certain situations. Yes it may be more effective under rare scenarios such as if you happen to be braking hard on a road with loose gravel pieces which fly up and get stuck in the tyre ridges and without ABS, the car would be more likely to stop faster as the gravel creates resistance and stops the wheels (without them losing grip with the road)

.... but in 99% of all other circumstances such as in daily driving on sealed city streets, ABS will help you stop your car better than most drivers. And let's not forget when you're about to have an accident, you are less likely to be in the right state of mind to control your right foot and braking pressure off/on and be more effective than a computer system which is ready to do so at all times.

Unless you are a serious race-car driver and have done a lot of training on the track in modulating braking pressure before the wheels lock up, I highly doubt you will be better off without ABS. In my own experience, even I can't beat ABS in terms of straight line stopping ability 100% of the time.

rozymisty

HSC
Ah good thanks for the advice.

Ive sent through a email to Zupps telling them under the cooling off period law im cancelling my contract. God i hope he doesnt ask why. But i will tell him ive found a better deal adn decided to go with a different dealer.

Found a 11/07 corolla for $17575, and it was a company car, and its only got 47300 on the odo. Sure it doesnt have brand new tyres, the cruise control or audio controls in the wheels, or 6 stack but id be happier where i can get an RACQ inspection and they wont laugh at me for asking and trying to put down what i want.

Found out an interesting thing from RACQ though. They said many people get caught out with the subject to finance clause coz when their own loan doesnt go through, the car dealer's finance WILL go through, and its at a higher rate and for longer. You are meant to put in 'subject to finance on terms acceptable to purchaser'.

With the RACQ inspections, they say to put in 'subject to RACQ inspection report satisfactory to purchaser, if unsatisfied with any aspect, all monies paid to sell to be refunded to purchaser'.

The RACQ technical adviser told me that once a good car dealer did their own inspection and found that teh car was actually 2 different ones stuck together. The RACQ inspector told the car dealer who sent it straight to the auction dealers and the person got their money back.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Ah good thanks for the advice.

Ive sent through a email to Zupps telling them under the cooling off period law im cancelling my contract. God i hope he doesnt ask why. But i will tell him ive found a better deal adn decided to go with a different dealer.

Found a 11/07 corolla for $17575, and it was a company car, and its only got 47300 on the odo. Sure it doesnt have brand new tyres, the cruise control or audio controls in the wheels, or 6 stack but id be happier where i can get an RACQ inspection and they wont laugh at me for asking and trying to put down what i want.

Found out an interesting thing from RACQ though. They said many people get caught out with the subject to finance clause coz when their own loan doesnt go through, the car dealer's finance WILL go through, and its at a higher rate and for longer. You are meant to put in 'subject to finance on terms acceptable to purchaser'.

With the RACQ inspections, they say to put in 'subject to RACQ inspection report satisfactory to purchaser, if unsatisfied with any aspect, all monies paid to sell to be refunded to purchaser'.

The RACQ technical adviser told me that once a good car dealer did their own inspection and found that teh car was actually 2 different ones stuck together. The RACQ inspector told the car dealer who sent it straight to the auction dealers and the person got their money back.
I don't even think you can get two half cuts stuck together in a roadworthy form (i.e. get it engineered) but don't quote me on this.

As for your contract cancellation- IMO it's not the be all, end all but good luck with it. Hope you get ABS because I feel it's a very vital safety feature. It really does work and is effective when it does.

rozymisty

HSC
the dealer rang back not happy with all the time they spent on the car.

the car does have ABS, assume that it was added as an option when the car was bought. It is the one i want but yeah.

he's agreed to the racq inspection.....
\
i feel sick....

Yasser Arafat

Banned
HSC
N/A
no i meant the no half cuts, thats gay

um if it does have ABS and they agreed to a RACQ inspection then why did you get out of the contract?

rozymisty

HSC
im happy with for that, but yeah. He's written a guarantee that he is happy for me to get an inspection and would refund the money themselves coz they are more than confident that no problems will be found. He hasnt said anything about the the contract is

i did email them the getting out of contract thign but yeah.... mum isnt going to be happy i caved.....

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm also a bit confused.. but hey if they're letting you have the inspection and confirmed ABS is included, I'd say go for it.

rozymisty

HSC
no im 25. I spoke to mum. she was saying all those things coz she was confused what i was texting her about....thats what i hate about texting, you can never get the message across the first time.

ive rung up the dealer and he's with someone at the moment but he'll call me back.

God i hope i am doing the right thing.

Yasser Arafat

Banned
HSC
N/A
Bite the bullet I don't think u will regret buying a 3yr old car lol I drive a 20 yr old diesel ute with 325000km on it, gets me where I want to go, u will be fine

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)