Deferment + options (1 Viewer)

elisabeth

HSC
This year I'm going on a high school exchange to Germany for a year and then I'll be off to uni in 2007. Is it possible to apply for scholarships later this year for the course I defer? Would I still be counted as a school leaver? Basically, I didn't think I'd do so well last year and didn't apply for any scholarships, which I now really regret. Is there any way that I can apply for something next year..?

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
elisabeth said:
This year I'm going on a high school exchange to Germany for a year and then I'll be off to uni in 2007. Is it possible to apply for scholarships later this year for the course I defer? Would I still be counted as a school leaver? Basically, I didn't think I'd do so well last year and didn't apply for any scholarships, which I now really regret. Is there any way that I can apply for something next year..?
For USYD, which I know you were considering seriously, a lot of the scholarships were only available to school-leavers. However, many of these could be deferred for 1 year. For example, I recieved a USYD scholarship (entry- arts faculty), but I'll be deferring it untill 2007. So you're supposed to apply for them when your finishing school,even if you intend to defer. This is an unusual rule, I think, and certainly not applicable to all Unis or all scholarships.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)