• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Deferred Uni - Want to reapply with a UAI !!! (1 Viewer)

Lordsion

HSC
NSW has changed the 'UAI' to 'ATAR' ... so my question is would i still be able to re-apply via UAC to a university degree as per before ?

I accepted and deferred a degree at the Australian National university however upon doing the STAT exam and the UMAT exam (soon) i want to change my degree to Pharmacy or Medicine in Sydney ..... hence i suppose that i just re - register on UAC and apply for those degrees - and try to disregard that change of name in the UAI?

Am I wrong to assume this or has anybody learnt any information regarding deferred students and re-applying to University?

blerkles

HSC
N/A
You are only deferred for that specific ANU course that you got accepted into. If you don't want to actually go ahead with that you have to start from scratch. Once you cancel, it shouldn't make a difference to your new application.

How you go about it depends on Sydney Uni's policies (check out their site) as some uni's consider non-recent school leavers (even as recent as one year ago) differently and take into consideration work experience etc (but in this case UMAT/STATs very important). My suggestion would be go through the application as you said and just read extra carefully the info where it asks what year you graduated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)