definitions of conditioning and tapering??? (1 Viewer)

chanel123

HSC
N/A
Can anyone tell me what conditioning and tapering mean??? i can't find the definitions...

HSC
chanel123 said:
Can anyone tell me what conditioning and tapering mean??? i can't find the definitions...
tapering is when you reduce your training schedule before a big competition, so you're fresh. in the weeks before though you would train harder than you normally would and then rest up just before it...so you don't lose anything in terms of physical fitness but you can achieve maximum performance since youre not physically, mentally or emotionally drained.

not sure how to define conditioning though.

Last edited:

chanel123

HSC
N/A
does anyone know what conditioning means?? any help would be great!

Last edited:

larnzwhytcross

HSC
  • conditioning is an injury management procedure
Conditioning involves subjecting and adapting the body to a range of agility, strength and power skills (e.g. running, hitting a kicking) to ensure the injured area functions fully. The experience must be pain free. This is followed by exposure to game skills in non-competitive situations where a full range of movement is required...

hope this helps...

Adam.Meads

HSC
Tapering is basically where the athlete 'eases off' the training in the days leading up to an event, so as to be in peak physical fitness for the event.

Kind of what I am doing regarding studying right now...

Conditioning, as in in a training session, refers to 'conditioning' the body; that is, improving general fitness, so as to prevent injury, and increase performance when it comes to the event / activity being trained for.

This is very much 'dumbed down' but I hope it helps...

Good luck tomorrow all!!

gaj

HSC
chanel123 said:
Hi,
Wat you have all said about tapering is pretty good, but just to add something to conditioning. Although it is part of rehabilitation, it is also part of any training session.
Conditioning generally involves fitness training techniques to 'condition' th aerobic sytem, and can also be used in reference to strength, i.e. free weights are a form of strength conditioning

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)