Definitions to key terms ? (1 Viewer)

puffkenny

HSC
macro is a set of instructions and actions that can be executed by pressing a new keys. it can be created by recording macros in access and assigning its job and the keys for it
eg ctrl+space = add new column to the spreadsheet
can some 1 check the integrity of my comment?

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by puffkenny
macro is a set of instructions and actions that can be executed by pressing a new keys. it can be created by recording macros in access and assigning its job and the keys for it
eg ctrl+space = add new column to the spreadsheet
can some 1 check the integrity of my comment?
that's exactly correcrt, it's a automated task, for example you have macros when creating forms, like in the memo template when you touble click on this grey bit in the To: bit it automatically allows you to type that's a simple macro.

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by ...
so its using a function by pressing buttons on keyboard?

i'm more inclined to say it's a function that's coded to automate a task not by the keyboard, if it's by the keyboard that's just called keyboard shortcuts.

Andrew_Blackwel

I Teach this subject
HSC
N/A
this is done in the transfer of files from one software application to another.

u can aslo have comma delimited

it is where the fields of the table are separated by either tabs or commas

A data format in which each piece of data is separated by a comma. This is a popular format for transferring data from one application to another, because most database systems are able to import and export comma-delimited data.
For example, data pulled from a database and represented in comma-delimited format looks something like the following. Each column value is separated by a comma from the next columns value and each row starts a new line:

Adams, Jane, 46, female, New York
Doe, John, 32, male, California
Jones, Sam, 13, male, Texas
Smith, Mary, 64, female, Louisiana

When data is represented in comma-delimited format they also are referred to as comma-separated values, abbreviated CSV

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)