Degrees sorted by difficulty (1 Viewer)

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I'd have to say Engineering degrees have one of the largest workloads with some of the most analytical and time consuming subjects - they would head the list of difficult degrees to undertake. That said, Law courses can be apparently rather dull and boring, so I consider that just as difficult (to get through).

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
1. Degrees that involve higher level problem solving and analytical skills. e.g. Chemical and electrical engineering, actuarial studies.

2. Degrees that involve memorization of vast amounts of information and knowing how to retrieve relevant parts to correctly answer a problem. e.g. Med, pharm, dentistry

3. Degrees that involve rambling on about philosophers and gay poets.
This, except with law in number 2 as well.

rajputsingh

HSC
For a pass degree

Top: Immunology, Med and Dent.
Upper: Maths, Physics, Comp Science (at a good uni), Chem, Elect Eng, GeoPhysics
Middle: Engineering, Quantitative Economics, Human Bio, Geology...
Lower: Arts
Lowest: Commerce, Psychology

You can't comply a list! Everyone finds certain things difficult in comparison to others eg Last semester I had to do a actuarial studies subject which i just scraped a ass in even though I put in hours and hours of work each week more then all my other subjects combined. However I also did a management subject where I got a HD with prety much reading my textbook in stuvac for the first time. My point is my friend did the exact same subjects (and I know of many others) who got a D in actuarial but just scraped passes in management or failed it.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
It's saying that that's what it would be "in general", for the majority of people.

Though I'm doing a Commerce degree so... yay for easiness!

rajputsingh

HSC
Commerce isn't as easy as people are making it out to be. If your majoring in management or marketing then perhaps it may be however, some people find that hard eg absorbing a lot of information and regurgitating back out. Im doing a law degree and find it a lot easier then commerce!

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Marketing and Management are only easy if you've got the language skills to back them up. Because of this, you often find number based people struggling with it.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Fantastic - because I'm duly equipped with both number and letter skills =P

Though seriously, what's a major in management actually do...? What subjects? I can imagine lots of psychology and "This is how you deal with this type of people" or "This is how we set goals"

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Management majors are best when combined in a double degree.

rajputsingh

HSC
Fantastic - because I'm duly equipped with both number and letter skills =P

Though seriously, what's a major in management actually do...? What subjects? I can imagine lots of psychology and "This is how you deal with this type of people" or "This is how we set goals"
Management (from what ive learnt from my management subjects) involves pretty much just theories and concepts eg memorising theories by different composers and applying them to case studies. A lot of it involves case studies. It is actually interesting howwever very dull at some times. You can see how the theories do actually apply to the real world in regards to people management.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Hmm... sounds uninteresting to me. I suppose I should probably conduct some more research on the Commerce majors... is there any other Commerce major you know of in a bit more depth?

HSC
N/A
management sounds so boring, im going major in finance I think , but it is atleast another year before I get to pick commerce electives

rajputsingh

HSC
Hmm... sounds uninteresting to me. I suppose I should probably conduct some more research on the Commerce majors... is there any other Commerce major you know of in a bit more depth?
It is a bit boring in all honesty lol As long as you aren't an international student, you should do well in it. I am doing accounting and I think it is pretty good. It provides you with career progression and focus. It is also provides more opportunites then some other majors eg just go to seek.com.au and type in accounting and look at how many jobs come up. Plus it is pretty diverse eg you can focus on either management or financial accounting and can further focus more on individual areas within those two fields

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)