dell inspiron 8600 (1 Viewer)

beer goggles

Banned
HSC
N/A
hi

is anybody able to tell me if you can replace parts of a dell computer with external parts?

my cd/dvd+rw drive has broken and i dont particularly want 2 buy dell again coz i found the drive to be of poor quality, so does anybody know if i can buy another drive from a manufacturer apart from dell, whilst still remaining compatible?

thankyou my children.

au revoir

cyrax83

discrete is killing me :(
HSC
you can buy any cd/dvdr drive and fit it in. It will be compatible.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
The only thing to bear in mind is whether the new unit produces more heat than the dell one. And also the dell unit is unlikely to be a dell but rather a rebadged drive or simply another manufacturers drive.

Check this by going start/control panel/system/hardware tab/device manager and expand the DVD/CD-ROM entry.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
When looking for a replacement bear in mind that a liteon drive is in fact a sony, which you found to be shit.

kenny75

HSC
yeh dont get a liteon, they're crappy drives, theres nothing wrong with the dell dvd combo drive, infact, thats the best dvd reader i've ever seen, the level of fault tolerant is simply amazing, it'll read anything i throw at it, even badly burnt dvds that no other drives will read

beer goggles

Banned
HSC
N/A
kenny75 said:
yeh dont get a liteon, they're crappy drives, theres nothing wrong with the dell dvd combo drive, infact, thats the best dvd reader i've ever seen, the level of fault tolerant is simply amazing, it'll read anything i throw at it, even badly burnt dvds that no other drives will read

well thats interesting coz my one was consistently faulty and so was a friends

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
ignore kenny75 because he makes no sense
you just said that your dell is using a sony/liteon but then he does on to say that liteon is crap?????????

ReaveR

HSC
addymac said:
When looking for a replacement bear in mind that a liteon drive is in fact a sony, which you found to be shit.
Don't Sony get their drives from LiteOn, not the other way around?

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Whatever, for the consumer, in this case beer gogles, the end result is the same. A liteon = sony, is the same as a sony = a liteone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)