Delta English tutoring is very exclusionary (1 Viewer)

dragonboy96

HSC
So I called this place , willing to fork out the big bucks because I heard they were good, and they practically told me that they don’t tutor people from the school I went to. Like what the hell lol? They said they only take kids from a small number of top schools (probably to keep their numbers on top since those kids will perform regardless), and when I tried to enquire further , the receptionist shut the phone in my face.
Anyone had any experiences with this place? Seems they only cater for the elite and sack everyone else. Was very cut by the call lol. Anyone know a place that does similar text-specific tutoring with analysis notes and material ?

idkkdi

HSC
So I called this place , willing to fork out the big bucks because I heard they were good, and they practically told me that they don’t tutor people from the school I went to. Like what the hell lol? They said they only take kids from a small number of top schools (probably to keep their numbers on top since those kids will perform regardless), and when I tried to enquire further , the receptionist shut the phone in my face.
Anyone had any experiences with this place? Seems they only cater for the elite and sack everyone else. Was very cut by the call lol. Anyone know a place that does similar text-specific tutoring with analysis notes and material ?
if enough people from your school sign up i think they open a class.
what they do is they assign a tutor to a specific school's students so that someone very familiar with the school's texts and assessment tasks tutors the students.

some other places do this as well since it's more effective.

vishnay

God
HSC
In my opinion Delta is quite overrated and expensive, save yourself the hassle (and the money) and go to a private tutor. They offer guidance and help in regards to planning and writing your essays. English also requires a personalised approach unlike maths or science, so that's another reason why should consider a private tutor. Honestly, I was initially drawn in by Delta's offer of 'unlimited one-to-one lessons' supplementing their group tuition which catered to students from my school. During the interview process Delta conducts with students THEY are willing to tutor (ironic since students go to tutoring to get better but Delta only tutors students from top schools who are likely to perform well anyways), I found out that 'unlimited' lessons ≠ unlimited lessons, you have to pay a deposit that you don't get back unless you attend Delta until the end of your HSC and students from my school that went to Delta did not achieve the results they wanted made me contemplate utilising Delta's services to improve my marks in HSC English. The severe lack of flexibility regarding the one-to-one classes coupled with the exorbitant fees for classes made it clear that Delta was simply not worth it.

Last edited:

dragonboy96

HSC
Thanks for the info , I was just taken aback by the fact that you go to a tutoring centre to get better , but when I mentioned my school name the receptionist was just like sorry we don’t offer tutoring to your school with no real explanation.

quickoats

HSC
lol does anyone remember the delta drama from a couple years ago??

idkkdi

HSC
bro spill the beans haha

Have fun reading lmao.

Qeru

HSC

Have fun reading lmao.
I read in another thread that the reason delta is so expensive is because they pay their tutors top dollar because they all state ranked?

Velocifire

Critical Hit
HSC
When you get to Year 11, I invite you to attend Delta two weeks free of charge with nothing to pay upfront (quote this post) - if you agree to return to this thread and for the benefit of the community, make a reviewed and informed comment about the depth and directedness of the service we offer.
The guy made a comment to someone in a ss, but then made no mention of Delta to another kid who asked for English tutoring (a post even later than this one) that attends a lower ranking school.

idkkdi

HSC
The guy made a comment to someone in a ss, but then made no mention of Delta to another kid who asked for English tutoring (a post even later than this one) that attends a lower ranking school.
i mean tutoring some random with a class full of King's scholars who pay to be with other King's School scholars like you doesn't really work. ^^.

Qeru

HSC
To be fair the whole thread was based around recommendations for jkjkjk so it would be odd for him to advertise to a random commenter rather than the guy who made the thread.

quickoats

HSC
I read in another thread that the reason delta is so expensive is because they pay their tutors top dollar because they all state ranked?
From what I remember, Delta released some sort of pdf explaining how they have to pay their tutors $$$$ to avoid them going to competitors or something

Velocifire

Critical Hit
HSC
To be fair the whole thread was based around recommendations for jkjkjk so it would be odd for him to advertise to a random commenter rather than the guy who made the thread.
No no not a random commenter, another thread but it got deleted iirc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)