Dental assistant jobs for males (1 Viewer)

Daveky

HSC
I'm trying to get experience in dental assisting as i am applying for dentistry.

have any guys got jobs as dental assistants, as i'm not sure whether old school practices will hire men for these jobs.

luxslash89

HSC
I'm trying to get experience in dental assisting as i am applying for dentistry.

have any guys got jobs as dental assistants, as i'm not sure whether old school practices will hire men for these jobs.
Ive done work experience in dental clinics before, but not as a dental assistant. i think no sane dentist these days is going to hire a person with no qualifications in oral health let alone a male as a dental assistant (unless u know them personally or know them thru contacts). my advice is, just stick to any form of WE thats available. its hard enough getting ANY in dental clinics.

Daveky

HSC
Yeah, i've assisted in a couple of scale and cleans, and observed an endodontist for a few hours, but i can't get any work at that practice.

I hear alot of male dental students work as DA's as they have to do it as part of their course anyway, but not sure if they got in easier cause they're a dental student.

I'm sure a dental student would be a good assistant as they're getting trained and you don't have to pay for it so they have advantage there.

Thinking of changing my name to something that could be a girl or guys name on the application form haha.

Daveky

HSC
I wouldn't mind getting into anything like dental reception or something thats linked to a practice to get a foot in the door.

I think i heard on another thread you're applying for csu as well, gd luck on your application :) thanks for the reply

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
It's the 21st century, don't let traditional gender roles put you off, you'll get the job if you're the best candidate.

The couple of people I knew working in this industry were undergraduates studying oral health. Do some study, or get experience if you want to enter this industry.

Daveky

HSC
thanks mate, will keep applying anyway when positions come up. not many coming up around here at the moment though. well any that don't require experience in dental reception software and chairside experience.

gonna drop some more resumes around as well

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)