dentistry at csu (1 Viewer)

lil-angeliz

HSC
hi, I am willing to study dentistry at csu, but just found out it was an undergraduate course and that applications are closed.

Is is still possible for me to apply, or is there another way of getting into the course if I study one year at sydney uni and then transfer..I really want to study dentistry and need help of ways to get in.

Please help,

HSC
You can still apply. Go on to UAC and you should be able to add preferences to it for the early round offers, if not for ER then for the Main Round offers at least.

truly local

HSC
Hey lil-angeliz, as you already know CSU dent applications are closed. They won't allow any main or late round offers to people applying after the closing date as the entry is based on completing the questionar aswel as a face to face interview.

Just like you, i really want to do dent aswel and i just attended da interview there. I think they prefer da locals but........ fingers crossed.

how come you only want to go to CSU and not other unis like adelaide or queensland?

If i don't get into dent, I'm thinking of doing oral health and then applying again next yr...

Hope i'm some what helpful.... good luck!

lil-angeliz

HSC
thanks it was helpful.
I want to stay in nsw, than move to other places. Now im thinking of uni of sydney, but its post graduate.

When did you go for the interview, like this year? What have you been currently studing? Can you get in with oral health?

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
They are giving preference to rural students.

You can get in via Oral Health by maintaining a credit average or better - this said, there is no specific requirement that says you have to do Oral Health. You can do first year of another degree and apply for a transfer into Dentistry, providing you also maintain a GPA of credit or better + interview+ probably your 2008 UAI.

Deltan

Noob pharmer
HSC
Does anyone know what the minimum uai requirement was and how many vacancies are there usually when you apply after 1st yr of uni?

Also are there other uni's in UNSW that have undergrad dentistry?

piitb

HSC
lil-angeliz said:
hi, I am willing to study dentistry at csu, but just found out it was an undergraduate course and that applications are closed.

Is is still possible for me to apply, or is there another way of getting into the course if I study one year at sydney uni and then transfer..I really want to study dentistry and need help of ways to get in.

Please help,
its prob better if you study 1 year at clinical science or oral health at CSU. make a good impression on your lecturures

at the interview stage, if you are a current student you would be looked more favorably upon.

truly local

HSC
Entry requirement for CSU: 1) Questionar 2) interview and if u are successful in those two then the UAI (if u are a recent school leaver). If u r not a a current school leaver then they look at ur performance at uni and ur commitment to dentistry (volunteer work, paid work experience)
There are 40 places available (for both school and non school leavers)
In NSW, Sydney is the only other uni for dent but its post grad. So CSU is the only uni in NSW for under grad dent.
If u can't get into dent, it's good to enrol in a health science related degree and try again.

bbweber

HSC
hello,

I am a current student starting 2nd year dentistry at csu. As it has been said you can't apply after the closing date as there is a questionnaire and interview process to get in and not just an ATAR.

If you are still interested in applying for dentistry at CSU it would be a good idea to either do clinical science or medical science as these are courses designed to lead onto either dentistry or medicine.

Once you are in the course you will be required to be fully vaccinated, but i wouldn't worry about that until you get into the course. You will receive a card which you will be able to get signed by your doctor if you are fully immunised and if not then the vaccinations that are required you will have to get.

The course is not limited to rural people, many are from metropolitan areas as well. Please keep this in mind. If you have any other questions i will be happy to answer.

lil-angeliz

HSC
hello,

I am a current student starting 2nd year dentistry at csu. As it has been said you can't apply after the closing date as there is a questionnaire and interview process to get in and not just an ATAR.

If you are still interested in applying for dentistry at CSU it would be a good idea to either do clinical science or medical science as these are courses designed to lead onto either dentistry or medicine.

Once you are in the course you will be required to be fully vaccinated, but i wouldn't worry about that until you get into the course. You will receive a card which you will be able to get signed by your doctor if you are fully immunised and if not then the vaccinations that are required you will have to get.

The course is not limited to rural people, many are from metropolitan areas as well. Please keep this in mind. If you have any other questions i will be happy to answer.
p'med

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)