• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

DEPUTY PRINCIPAL/s (1 Viewer)

Someguy123

whats with them? one of my schools had 1, my new school has 2 my friends has 3
anyways i was just wondering do u guyz see them round much n what do they do? do you ever go and talk to them? do u just seem them if u muck up? do they do paperwork? do u talk to them if u r having problems?

thankz for any replies about the strange people called deputies hehe im just not getting like their role within the school

beergirl

polka dots are cool
HSC
Umm we have 2

There is the Deputy Principal for Welfare - So for the people who muck up and get sent there
And we have the Deputy Principal Curriculum - Who organises subjects, subject counselling, umm i dont know what else... gee im good...

But yeah the DP Curriculum is my Bio teacher so I suppose I see her around a lot...

G

Gavvvvvin

The only time Ive ever spoken to the deputy when my fireworks selling operation got foiled :cool:

ZeGoat

brown!
HSC
we hav lyk 2 deputies as well..... one for yr7-10 and da otha one for yr11-12........ they both teach TAS so you see tem wandering around every now and then..... we usually dont talk to them... they come and chase us down for coming late to school, ppl not showing up in class and sumtimes for untucked shirts...

greeninsanity

all love is equal
HSC
yeah we have two. there always seems to be one that does a lot - like subject selection, timetabling etc.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
we've actually got 3..the normal deputy, then 2 others...an ap (asistant principal) of welfare and an ap of cirriculum
but the normal 1's the real deputy, in charge of everything

korry

HSC
N/A
we have two...i think when the size of ur school gets to a certain number they bring in another...we used to only have one

our ones are so annoying! they go outta their way to make school hell....i mean they don't do much...they do our hsc entries...and if u need early leavers u get them to sign and stuff...but they ask a million questions like "why are u making appointments in school hours? who's funeral are u going to?" and "no you cannot have a mufti day at all" they're really annoying and everyone (incl the staff) hate them!!

Last edited:

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Our old DP was great.

UAI estimates after every exam, he was a champ. Plus he did more work then our principle ever does....

babygoose!

>>rraahhh<<
HSC
Originally posted by beergirl
Umm we have 2

There is the Deputy Principal for Welfare - So for the people who muck up and get sent there
And we have the Deputy Principal Curriculum - Who organises subjects, subject counselling, umm i dont know what else... gee im good...

But yeah the DP Curriculum is my Bio teacher so I suppose I see her around a lot...
same! except i have the DP curriculum for english...

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
my high school has two... we only had one until yr10, i think, the new one is reallyw eird and fake o__O

i'm not sure exactly what each of their positions are, but the old one does a lot of the uniform check stuff, early leavers, school stuff... the new deputy took care of a lot of hsc stuff. (obviously they did a lot of other stuff too lol)

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
OMg bubz :D you have the same birthday as me, onlya year older. anyway.
Same as bubz :D, i suspect you may have gone to my school, lol.
The old DP we see around heaps, always wandering around, was relieving principal when ours became superintendent briefly. He's cool.

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
Our deputy principal usually takes care of punishments, and we had to get him to fill out our forms to drop classes and drive to school. The deputy seems to run the school more than the actual principal

santaslayer

HSC
we have 1...he does all da work actually, da principle himself is more like a figurhead!

mazza_728

Manda xoxo
HSC
We have one.. he's great - both the principal and the dep are great, they work tog really well and are always open for u to talk to them. they are also there for enforcement of school rules, PR all that stuff. at my old school the dep and the principal would send u to ur year advisor -- at my new school .. they want u to talk to them about things. theyre really friendly and supportive!

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
ive found personally its easy to talk to the deputy if u have problems then ur yr advisor coz ur deputy can generally have more pwer and take action to fix stuff, although the deputies have lots of work and are really busy and its hard for them to find a time to talk with you

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
we have two deputies. one was only promoted this yr and the other, well...lets just say he thinks he's all that cos he's a deputy..

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
we had 2 --- deputy welfare n deputy curriculum
deputy welfare was my maths teacher ....n he was my favourite :D

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)