describe industrial uses of ammonia (1 Viewer)

strawberry

the dot point says:

list and describe the industrial uses of ammonia

I know the uses, but how are we meant to describe them??

can someone gimme an example, or if you don't mind, can you gimme your notes on this dot point???

hehehe thank you so much

over and out

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
*feels generous*

Here you go:

"2.2.1 Identify and describe the industrial uses of ammonia.

Ammonia (NH3) is a very important industrial chemical. Most of the ammonia manufactured is used to make fertilisers such as ammonium nitrate and urea. Ammonia can be oxidised to produce nitric acid for the manufacture of explosives such as nitroglycerine. It is also used in the production of plastics such as PAN and nylon as well as being used as a refrigerant gas. Domestically it is used as a cleaning agent and disinfectant."

strawberry

thanks for ur notes...

but I just wanted to point out that ur notes don't really describe the dot point; which is what I want...

you see everyone I've asked says the say thing as you've posted but they dont describe the uses...or are these notes enough for the dot point??

please don't be offended by my post...I really do appreciate you trying to help me

lbft

Geek
HSC
Identify Recognise and name
Describe Provide characteristics and features

http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/hsc/pdf_doc/hsc_update_2002_02.pdf
To me, Frigid's notes seem to satisfy this dot point. Even hsc.csu.edu.au only says for this DP:

Ammonia is used to make solid and liquid fertilisers, explosives, nitric acid, sodium carbonate, some pharmaceuticals and household cleaners. It is also used as a refrigerant.

To make fertilizer industrially, ammonia, which is a weak base, is reacted with sulfuric acid to form ammonium sulfate fertiliser and with nitric acid to form ammonium nitrate fertiliser.

needtostudy

use a dictionary or search for a set out structure for a description on the internet, then from there jus put ur points together into that structure

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by strawberry
thanks for ur notes...

but I just wanted to point out that ur notes don't really describe the dot point; which is what I want...

you see everyone I've asked says the say thing as you've posted but they dont describe the uses...or are these notes enough for the dot point??

please don't be offended by my post...I really do appreciate you trying to help me
*not offended, just slightly RRRR... but that's my mood todai*

tho, IMHO, according to the syllabus support document definition, I've done right. I dunno what more they can ask for.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)