Describes in detail materials used and clearly justifies the methods chosen (1 Viewer)

Twickel

HSC
What does the justifies method chosen mean? How can I put this in my method?

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
It means say why or, justify, you chose the methods you did. What made them good for it, what were their weaknesses, how did you over come them, why were they better than other choices..

etc etc

Twickel

HSC
Oh no, I put that stuff under validity in the discussion not part of the method.

bored of sc

HSC
What Sonya said was more along the lines of evaluate (as used in accuracy, reliability and validity) but the idea of 'why' was spot on.

From Wikipedia:
Justify: To demonstrate or prove to be just, right, or valid.

So you are basically providing evidence as to why you chose to carry out an experiment in a particular way. What made the experiment a good, fair or well-grounded one? It's similar to validity (in the discussion section) except you are demonstrating the worthiness of the method used (no criticisms and problems need to be addressed).

Some general examples I've used before for Chemistry include:
> The test was safe and was easily carried out.
> The test used a wide variety of substances to accommodate for the different _________.
> The experiment produced highly observable results (easily experienced through the senses e.g. clearly seen, loud/distinguishable sounds, strong smell/taste/touch sensations).

Last edited:

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
^ Thats what I meant. Just didn't word it well.

I'm a history kid though, not a science one =d

bored of sc

HSC
sonyaleeisapixi said:
^ Thats what I meant. Just didn't word it well.

I'm a history kid though, not a science one =d
Yeah. :) You got it mainly correct anyway. You did especially well considering you're into the humanities too.

Twickel

HSC
Awww, I got confused with validity. I said similar things under the validity section. Oh well. I will learn from my mistakes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)