Desperate Modern Tutoring (1 Viewer)

Smartie87

HSC
Hey everyone... i really need some tutoring for the Cold War topic.. pretty much from the beginning as my teacher isn't putting in the work with my class. I am in the south sydney area and am willing to travel. I am coming 1st in my course and am serious about it, so i wont be a waste of time i promise. can any one help?? anything would be appreciated

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Hey I didn't do the Cold War topic, so I can't help on that one sorry, but thanks for the recommendation.

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
all u hav to do is read up on the syllabus dot points like your teachers do :)

Smartie87

HSC
yeh the thing is my teacher hasnt taught us n e thing... he gives us worksheets with really really brief notes and he has gone on leave until hsc and hasnt really finished teaching... i tried to get ome notes on this site and they are all great but i think i need to learn it in some kind of order.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Gee that really sucks with your teacher. Surely your school should have some textbooks on the topic lying around in the history staffroom? Ask if you can borrow one... a textbook is probably a good start. Also, have you posted this ad on the tutoring board you may have more luck in there. Are there any other history teachers at your school who might be willing to help?

Smartie87

HSC
naa my school sucks. I have one little text book but its so hard to understand when they throw all this info at you.. foreign names and what not. It's stressing me out because I need a uai of no less than 98, preferable 99.6...
my principle used to teach modern but i dont think she would tutor me.... she should though because bad teachers are ultimately her problem.

thats a good idea.. hopefully ill have more luck in the other forum.

I have looked everywhere for tutors and i managed to find this really good one.. she is a hsc marker and a member of the board or something, but she said she is too busy to take on any more students.

This year has just been such a waste... soon as my exams are done and I am out of there, I'm gonna try do something about it because my school is terrible- not just the modern faculty either. Like i turned up to skool the other day and not one of my teachers was there, and no one had been put on to cover the classes!

*Thanx 4 those books too playboy

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Just try and do what you can, if things don't work out with the UAI there are always other ways, so don't stress too much it won't help. There are lots of back doors you can find, so just see what you can do and stay calm.

It sucks that you don't get support from your school or teachers, that is what they are supposed to be there for.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)